X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jointer knives

Ineed to replace the knives in my 6" jointer (Ridgid) the local Home Depot where I bought the jointer does not carry them. I have n ot found any on the intermet. The Ridgid parts.com does not list them. Where can I get my hands on a set? Are there alternatives to the ridgid knives?

art johnson

Even though HD does not carry them in stock they can order them for you.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Your local HD doesn't carry replacement knives for your RIDGID Jointer? Where have I heard that before! There is absolutely no legitimate reason for that to happen.

When I was in the market for a planer, I was all set to pull the trigger on the Ridgid. At that time my local HD didn't stock the replacement knives. That was the deal killer for me and I purchased another brand. If I can't get service after the sale for normal wear and tear items like knives I refuse to buy that product even though I may like and want it.

Presently, I'm saveing my pennies for a jointer. Unless some big changes are made with the way HD stocks consumable parts, it won't be a Ridgid!

Sorry for the rant and I apologize for sidetracking your thread but RIDGID really needs to lay down the law with HD on issues such as this. In the last few days there has also been a couple of threads about the unavailability of sanding sleeves for the Ridgid Belt/Spindle Sander at HD. If HD wants to be the sole retailer for Ridgid tools then they need to inventory these kinds of consumables.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Right On My Brother!!

Hey, another round for BadgerDave! I couldn't agree with you more!
        I really love the Ridgid products. With the exception of maybe the bandsaw, i think i would purchase all Ridgid tools but...
        I do have a fear of being stuck without the consumables i will eventually need. I did purchase the sander knowing that they didn't stock the drums. But only because they do stock a Ryobi package of replacements.
        I've heard some not-so-good feedback online about Ridgid's website, so that kind of scares me off too. If they had a kick-butt online ordering website then that would be different.

So why DOESN'T Ridgid push HD to stock these items. BadgerDave if you aren't buying Ridgid because of it and I don't want to... How many thousands of other guys and gals are feeling the same way? How many sales is too many to loose in Ridgid's eyes?
        Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

Try this:
          http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

These replacement knives are made by Freud and supposed to be a good replacement for the Ridgid jointer.

Comment

I guess I am a bit more lucky here. At least 2 of my local HD carry the knives for the Ridgid planer and are on the shelf right behind the display. I have also been looking at that planer....

I have not seen any knives for the jointer however and am in agreement with that being a problem and also leads me to look elsewhere for that future purchase.

As for the sanding sleeves, I would tend to agree there. But having found some other resources for them that are probably cheaper than what HD would sell them at I did get over that. I don't care for the Ryobi package as it is just a package of several sizes, one of each. Usually I don't need to replace all sizes and usually only use 1 or 2 sizes so it would be a waste to keep buying a whole package when I am only going to use part of it.

Hopefully HD and Ridgid will work things out or put in place a nice online ordering system.

WWS
            Last edited by wwsmith; 02-01-2006, 03:48 PM.
            Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

The ones that olilugo suggested from Amazon will indeed fit, I currently have them on mine and they work great. I had to wait approximately 2 months for Amazon to ship them but I have since read on other forums that routerbitworld.com will beat their price and ship them out right away. I have not found any HD’s in this area that stock the blades either.

Woodslayer

Comment

Sad

It's great that you guys shared your sources. Maybe there is hope yet for the Ridgid purchase.

It's just sad that such a great product for the price (IMO) has such week support.
                Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

jointer knives

If you go to www.servicenet.com, you can order them there, make sure you have your PN# tho, it will be easier,I just order gib screws and knife bar, good luck to you

Comment

There stores really shold carry the stuff. I personally dont like special ordering anything. When I know I need something I want it right away, because thats when I need it.
                    Most HD employees hate taking the time (due to lack of training,and not having to do it often enough) to do a special order.

Comment

Jointer knives

I found knives for my 6" jointer at Sears.

Comment

I bought replacements at Sears too.

Bob R

Comment

Working...
                        X