No announcement yet.

Did you ever have one of those days?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you ever have one of those days?

I intended on making one of the little magazine racks on page 30 of this months WOOD this past weekend but with several interruptions I never made much progress. I went out to the shop today to attempt to make some headway on it and everything just clicked, every cut was perfect. I even decided to quit being intimidated by my Freud SD508 and attempt to use it for the dados and tenons, they turned out perfect with minimal setup time. I sanded everything, put all the tools away and cleaned up the shop and was going through a dry fit and clumsily knocked part of it of the bench and on to the cement, one of the panels suffered multiple fractures. I should have known that my progress was going way too smoothly. Urrrrrrggggg!

Yup! Been there done that however another way to look at it would be to say that you had a really great day in the shop interupted by a little hiccup. Now that you have that 508 mastered, you can knock out another panel in no time flat.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Yes, Woodslayer my day was like that too. After work I came home to a clean garage/shop hoping to make a productive mess. Woodbench magazine (online) had a picture of a simple garage storage project. It's just a simple ceiling storage rack. From some scap 2x3s I cut and put together the frame in little time.

The 2x3s are so warped that the finished frame lookes like a boomerang! Oh well...guess scrap wood is called "scrap" for a reason.

Stay well and play well.