X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Collector Pan

Has anybody tried any of those cheap plastics dust collector pans for a TS3650 and if so how well did it work? I plan on closing off the back of the saw and was planing on building my own dust collector pan, but was curious about the plastics ones.

Dust collecter pan

I assume you mean the plastic part sold by Ridgid that attaches under the saw and provides a connection for a dust collector/shop vac hose of around 2 1/2"? I have one of those on a ts 2412, a previous model. It works ok, but a larger discharge hole, 4 or 5", and a true dust collector, would move a considerably greater volume of air hopefully resulting in more effective dust collection. If you use the search feature in this forum, there are a few threads dealing with this topic.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I was actually thinking about one of these from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

Comment

I made something similiar out of a piece of ply and a toilet flange and it works great. For what Amazon is selling that store bought one for, you're better off to buy it then make one.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

BadgerDave
          How did you fasten it to your saw?

Comment

L Turner, I just drilled holes in the ply and bolted it to top of the stand just below where the saw sits. Keep in mind that I have a 3612 but IIRC there were some predrilled holes already there that I utilized.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I misunderstood. Thought you had a ts3650 as I do which has a 2" outlet for dust

Comment

Originally posted by mikesandy
                I was actually thinking about one of these from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013
                I replaced the Ridgid one with the shown at amazon. It went in easy and works must better with a DC. the original one with the 2.5 in port would clog when using the dado blade.

Comment

Did you have to modify it to fit the TS3650?

Comment

For $3.99 you can't beat that price! If its not big enough to cover the bottom of the 3650, then cut a piece of ply and mount it on that.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

no joy in starting my new 3650

So after spending the last 10 hours assembling my new 3650 I finally get to plug it in and try it out so guess what ? the blade wont turn ive rechecked everything and still the motor just humms if I let it go for a while it eventually blows the breaker Somerbody help me Please

Comment

no joy in starting my new 3650

So after spending the last 10 hours assembling my new 3650 I finally get to plug it in and try it out so guess what ? the blade wont turn ive rechecked everything and still the motor just humms if I let it go for a while it eventually blows the breaker Somerbody help me Please

Comment

Man, that really sux! I feel your pain.
                          Does the motor spin freely if you turn it by hand?
                          Did you mess with the wiring?
                          Are you using a 115v outlet?
                          If you can't get it running, take the motor back to HD and make them give you a new one, even if they have to take one out of a new 3650 box. Don't let them tell you that you have to bring the whole saw back.
                          Let us know how you make out. Good Luck.
                          Lorax
                          "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Does the motor run if you remove the belt? Does the blade spin freely with the belt removed?
                            SSG, U.S. Army
                            Retired
                            K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Working...
                            X