X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post - discount question.

My question is a simple one. Has anyone had any luck having HD match discounts? Sears is offering 10% this weekend. I just returned a terrible $200 Craftsman TS this week and decided that tomorrow I am buying the Rigid TS3650, and a router of some sort (either plunge or dual)

If I mention to the sales people at HD, that sears is offering 10% and I am interested in their hybrid saw, do you think they'll match the discount?

(I am guessing there will be at least a few "You never know unless you try responses

From what I understand, the item has to be of the same type and brand offered at both stores. If Sears is cheaper than HD then HD honors their price minus 10% or minus 10% of the price difference.
    "USA Today has come up with a new survey. Apparently three out of four
    people make up 75 percent of the population."
    David Letterman, late-night talk show host

Comment

Every store the management runs things differently but the one where i work at we more often than not match the competitors deals. Menards always runs deals out by us like no payments no interest on thier credit card for X months for 10% off when it is put on thier credit card. We don't advertise that we match those but if a customer comes in and inquires about it we'll match it.

So i'm fairly certain that if you raise the issue they will honor it and if the associate says s/he can't do that ask to talk to a member of managment and they will for sure give you the deal.

Good luck and hope you like your new tools

Comment

My experience is the same as "mikhen7" in that the products have to be the same manufacturer and same model number for them to honor the 10% plus they'll call the other store to verify unless you have a printed ad to show proof.

Comment

Originally posted by VTDivot
          My question is a simple one. Has anyone had any luck having HD match discounts? Sears is offering 10% this weekend. I just returned a terrible $200 Craftsman TS this week and decided that tomorrow I am buying the Rigid TS3650, and a router of some sort (either plunge or dual)

If I mention to the sales people at HD, that sears is offering 10% and I am interested in their hybrid saw, do you think they'll match the discount?

(I am guessing there will be at least a few "You never know unless you try responses
          Not to be a nit-picker but the 3650 isn't a hybrid, it's a contractor style saw.
          BTW You never know until you try!
          Lorax
          "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

I recently purchased the TS3650 also and used a HF 20% coupon at HD to get $110.00 off. I called them first and checked with the tools/hardware manager of my local HD. From what I have been reading on different forums is that it's hit and miss depending on who you talk to. I know there is a HF out there that expires on the 13th or 15th of this month.

Comment

HF coupon - http://ww2.harborfreightusa.com/show...eid=214&email=
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax
                Not to be a nit-picker but the 3650 isn't a hybrid, it's a contractor style saw.
                BTW You never know until you try!
                sorry you misunderstood.

Was comparing the 3650 to the craftsman hybrid.

Comment

Called HD - they will only match and beat prices on the same tool.

Comment

This is from 2-9-06 Home Depot flyer:
                    Trust our 10% price guarantee.
                    If you find a lower price on an identical, in-stock item from any retailer, we will match that price and beat it by 10%. Excludes clearance,open-box merchandise,labor and installation,sales tax and rebate offers. Excludes select Maytag and John Deere products.

Comment

Originally posted by VTDivot
                      sorry you misunderstood.

Was comparing the 3650 to the craftsman hybrid.
                      I apologize. I will now pull my head out of my (well you know) and go sit in the corner.
                      Lorax
                      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Well since HD won't match the Sears deal (makes perfect sense actually) what about the craftsman hybrids.

What do you guys think of this saw ($629.00 - 10% )vs the rigid:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00922114000

or the cheaper one with the steel wings ($529.00 - 10%) vs the rigid.
                        http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00922104000

Comment

I like the Ridgid because right rip capacity is 36" versus 25".
                          SSG, U.S. Army
                          Retired
                          K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I agree with TOD. Also do you have a Harbor Freight in your area?? If so it really is worth giving their coupons a try at HD. They have 20% off that is even better than the 10% at Sears....

WWS
                            Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

No Harbour Freight in VT. :-(

I've looked closely at both saws, and think that the quality of the fence and the herculift on the rigid outweighs the 4" dust port and the in cabinet motor of the craftsman. Buying saw at 5pm, only 3 hrs to change my mind again LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X