Dust bags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dust collector piping

If you’re looking for duct I purchased the 26 gauge snaplock pipe and fittingsfrom http://www.oneida-air.com/products/d...k/snaplock.htm . A little expensive but not too bad, I piped in five different machines, about 40 foot combination of 4 and 5” for about $300 and shipping was free and fast. I had some doubt about 26 ga. being strong enough for 5" but my DC won't collapse it.

I ran the 5” out of my HF 2hp and have had a little trouble with it plugging up(especially when I use the planer) at the inlet of the collector. I am thinking of cutting out the cross-hair looking support in the inlet. Do you think that will help or screw something up?

Has anyone checked into buying a cast impeller for a HF DC?

Comment

Originally posted by david r kearney
      If you’re looking for duct I purchased the 26 gauge snaplock pipe and fittingsfrom http://www.oneida-air.com/products/d...k/snaplock.htm . A little expensive but not too bad, I piped in five different machines, about 40 foot combination of 4 and 5” for about $300 and shipping was free and fast. I had some doubt about 26 ga. being strong enough for 5" but my DC won't collapse it.

I ran the 5” out of my HF 2hp and have had a little trouble with it plugging up(especially when I use the planer) at the inlet of the collector. I am thinking of cutting out the cross-hair looking support in the inlet. Do you think that will help or screw something up?

Has anyone checked into buying a cast impeller for a HF DC?

No on the cast impeller have not looked.

As to cutting the crosshair thing I think warentty would go out the window on that .
      40' is a long way I think for this machine.

But I am not a duct installer have mine with 2 10' foot pieces of 4" hose.

So am I wrong or does it have to be in 5 " Pipe.

If so Good God Miss Molly their is no room to hang 5" pipe off the celing.
      Not responsible for speeling mistakes
      Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Reef12
        No on the cast impeller have not looked. I'm just guessing here, but I would bet a cast iron impeller that size would cost a lot more than the DC not to mention upgrading the motor to get it spinning.

As to cutting the crosshair thing I think warentty would go out the window on that . I agree, if they bothered to look.
        40' is a long way I think for this machine.

But I am not a duct installer have mine with 2 10' foot pieces of 4" hose.

So am I wrong or does it have to be in 5 " Pipe. No to both.

If so Good Golly Miss Molly their is no room to hang 5" pipe off the celing.
        Get it up yet??
        Lorax
        "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

No up bags

Originally posted by Lorax
          Get it up yet??

Well I am working on it {the Bags inflation.}

But maybe something else Depression , anixety ,Alcohol

Oh wait those Bags!

No not at the moment just fixed a wiring problem in the house darn back stabbed outlets Eat you know what.

spent good part of a morning finding out which one lost the negative after having 6 dead all at once.

Crappy electician that built the house too lazy to bend the wire and screw them to sides ^^%$##%^&

But don't Fear L. I will get my bags up and inflated so big that they might burst and you will hear them go where you live
          Jeff

Comment

collector pipe

The forty feet isn’t as bad as it sounds. I have about 20’ of 5” up and across the ceiling and two four inch and one five inch drops to machines. I ran the 5” down to a multiport manifold that picks up a planer, jointer, and table saw. No single machine is over about 15 feet from the collector. As for cutting out the cross hair you are probably right about the warranty and could let some pretty big chunks into the impeller. I guess it wouldn’t matter so much if I had a separator.

Comment

Originally posted by david r kearney
              The forty feet isn’t as bad as it sounds. I have about 20’ of 5” up and across the ceiling and two four inch and one five inch drops to machines. I ran the 5” down to a multiport manifold that picks up a planer, jointer, and table saw. No single machine is over about 15 feet from the collector. As for cutting out the cross hair you are probably right about the warranty and could let some pretty big chunks into the impeller. I guess it wouldn’t matter so much if I had a separator.
              If you have room try the trash can thing.

Have not run it as of yet with chips too cold in the garage.

But seemed to suck that lid down like no tomorrow on a dry run
              Jeff

Comment

Working...
              X