X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishing pole holder

Hey all if any of you make fishing rod holders let me know. i know i can find them out there butt if any body is fooling around and has extra wood I am here.
    A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Don't know what type fo rod holder you have in mind. I made one by making a frame of 1 x 6 pine and drilled it for 1 1/2" oudoor plastic electrical conduit. I cut the conduits about 20" long and cut slots so the reels could slide down . The advantage was that the rods stood upright with the reels on them in the house, and I could take the whole thing to the boat and secure it to the transom or gunwale with a bungie cord. Had my grouper rod, trolling rods and a spinning rod ready to go and didn't have to worry about them getting stepped on or bouncing out of the boat on the water. Size and length of the "mortar tubes" is dependent on the type and size of rods. Doesn't work too well with the pistol-grip bass casting rods though.
    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Gofor it would only be used a a holder in my cellar. i already bought one a few years back .that one is screwed to my floor boards and holds six poles. i want a stand up one now. with the kids poles and my other 10 poles laying around i dont want them to break so i want to get them in some holders. i have alot of bass poles,ido alot of strip mine fishing for largemouth bass and occasionally i get up to lake erie to do some wally fishing.

Comment

http://woodworkersworkshop.com/cached_files/5044_files/
        Lorax
        "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Thats what iam talking about! nice!!

Comment

Working...
          X