X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Joiner JP0610

I was finally going to buy the Ridgid Jointer JP0610, but have noticed that HD no longer stocks this item. After calling a few local HD locations, it turns out that none of them carry this product.

Does anybody know if Ridgid has stopped making this product? It is still on the HD and Ridgid websites.

If it is no longer available, can someone recommend another good jointer.

Thank you.
    Last edited by twincities; 02-17-2006, 06:04 PM.

I have not heard anything about Ridgid not making this product anymore. But I will say that I had been looking at one for a while and finally broke down and purchased one last weekend. I noticed that 3 of the HD that I frequent (depending on my mood and which direction I am coming home from) had moved the Jointers out from where ever they hide them and had them stacked up in the tool area. I couldn't even find an apron to ask if anything was going on so I am not sure why, but bought one none the less and they still have some around here.

I would say that I would check again next time I go to HD, but since I couldn't even get someone to help me load that heavy son-of-a-gun in my truck and since I got my planer and jointer at the same time I don't really need any other Ridgid tools for a while so I have no plans to frequent HD for a while now (if ever again ). I suppose you could give Ridgid a jingle and see if anything is changing.

At the very least I wish they would redesign the legs to allow a hurc-u-lift to mount to it like most of their other stationary tools.

WWS
    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

I was just at HD and they have 4 in stock. I asked if there was any plans to stop selling them? The answer I got was there are no plans to stop at this time and even if they stop stocking them they would order one for anyone that wanted one.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Me Too...

I also went to my local Home Depot to look at the Ridgid jointer, and I was told that they no longer display it. I can't understand why they would do this, except that they created a new Hilti area and there might not be enough room.

But the item is still available. They are just up in the racks, overhead, in boxes!

Puzzling...

Comment

Do you think that maybe one too many child might have gotten a finger or two pinched in the knife guard or fence and the legals got a little nervious? The jointer is just about the right height for a little kid to think its a toy.

The jointer at the local HD here was MIA for over a year. they only recently put one back out on the floor.

Are the Hilti products at HD a relatively new deal? So far, no Hilti here.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

[quote=BadgerDave]Do you think that maybe one too many child might have gotten a finger or two pinched in the knife guard or fence and the legals got a little nervious? quote]

Or maybe one too many so-called adults ran their finger across the knife to see how sharp it really was.
            Lorax
            "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Yeah, they have recently been putting the jointers up on display here in Phoenix as well. And moving the boxes to floor area. We have had a large Hilti display at my local Home Depots for more than a year now. They usually have a rep at one store about once a week. They took over most of the space previously occupied by Ridgid, but many stores have recently been reorganizing and creating room for more Ridgid tools again. Perhaps some rep complained???

BTW, all the jointers I have seen on display have the blade guard glued so it cannot be moved to expose the blades. I suppose a person could really give it a good whack and move it, but for the most part it is pretty set.

WWS
              Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Sounds like the safest thing to do is just take the blades out.

This would seem to go for any tool like miter saws, table saws, bandsaws, etc.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
                  Do you think that maybe one too many child might have gotten a finger or two pinched in the knife guard or fence and the legals got a little nervious? The jointer is just about the right height for a little kid to think its a toy.

The jointer at the local HD here was MIA for over a year. they only recently put one back out on the floor.

Are the Hilti products at HD a relatively new deal? So far, no Hilti here.
                  Big one at the 71 street store here in Tulsa
                  Not responsible for speeling mistakes
                  Jeff

Comment

Badger Dave,

They still have them on display at the Lake Delton and Onalaska HD's. The Lake Delton store has them on a raised floor kinda thing that is about foot and a half high, I'm guessing that they did that to keep it out of the reach of little fingers.
                    "Semper Fi"
                    "A man who farts in church sits in own pew"

Comment

Jointer still around in Altanta

Just to add to the geographics the jointer is on the floor at 3 HDs here in Atlanta and in Decatur (just outside Atlanta). I asked the tool area manager about discontination and he said that was news to him. I then asked why the boxes were all stacked up and he told me they do this sometimes when they are doing major inventory overhaul. I recently read in Business Week that HD is run centrally so maybe they are all do inventory and are told to put boxes like this out on the floor. For what it is worth I also saw the TS3650 table saws on the floor, both boxes for it.

Cheers,
                      Stefan

Comment

Working...
                      X