X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reef12
    So one question this saw had one of those with a messed up Arbor? Yup. No reason otherwise to antagonize my nervous system - LOL!

If a service center is close let them get some cursing in on it. Two hours away. Per my post, I'll be calling the technician today.

I looked at mine and Thank God they have this problem corrected.

But I would of taken it to work and pressed that puppy in their.

So hope all goes well.

This sealed bearning is it plastic or metal that forms the seal? Taiwanese plastic. With all the beating I'm doing on this one bearing I'm seriously considering replacing it.

I have seen both.

We use metal on the press rollers.

water form,small form, distributor.

Can you use a piece of pipe that is outside Dia. to hit it in the rest of the way?
    I went with a block of wood with a hole the size of the arbor drilled in it. Too soft and, most of all, there's just no room to swing a hammer or to get a C clamp on the thing.
    Later,
    Chiz

Comment

Well, I got hold of Theresa at tech support and guess what? I'm supposed to drill a hole in a piece of wood to protect the arbor and strike it with a hammer. Imagine that!? I asked if there was a way to get a clamp on it - 'No'. Is there anything special to watch for when pulling the trunnion casting down, such as with the tilt and elevation adjusting screws. 'No'. THat was the full extent of the conversation. I'll update when I have it completed.
      Later,
      Chiz
      Later,
      Chiz

Comment

Originally posted by ironhat
        Well, I got hold of Theresa at tech support and guess what? I'm supposed to drill a hole in a piece of wood to protect the arbor and strike it with a hammer. Imagine that!? I asked if there was a way to get a clamp on it - 'No'. Is there anything special to watch for when pulling the trunnion casting down, such as with the tilt and elevation adjusting screws. 'No'. THat was the full extent of the conversation. I'll update when I have it completed.
        Later,
        Chiz

Cool well what can we say maybe over thought it
        Not responsible for speeling mistakes
        Jeff

Comment

I don't know about that, Reef. She sounded more unknowledgeable (is that a word?) than as if we had over-thought it. Each of my questions got a one-word answer... 'yes' or 'no'. I won't know if the tilt and elevation adjusters are a problem until I get the saw flipped onto its back and remove the legs. Unfortunately, I managed to get the flu last night so I won't be working on this for another day or two. I may sneak out to the shop and knock the arbor out and get the bearing numbers and call in an order.
          Later,
          Chiz
          Later,
          Chiz

Comment

Originally posted by ironhat
            I don't know about that, Reef. She sounded more unknowledgeable (is that a word?) than as if we had over-thought it. Each of my questions got a one-word answer... 'yes' or 'no'. I won't know if the tilt and elevation adjusters are a problem until I get the saw flipped onto its back and remove the legs. Unfortunately, I managed to get the flu last night so I won't be working on this for another day or two. I may sneak out to the shop and knock the arbor out and get the bearing numbers and call in an order.
            Later,
            Chiz
            So is this a done deal?

Gosh have to get that saw eating some wood.
            Not responsible for speeling mistakes
            Jeff

Comment

See my post to your PM board. Saw is back up.
              Later,
              Chiz

Comment

Working...
              X