X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helpful aids for Ridgid saw owners

Excuse me for being lazy, but I posted this over on another forum and then it dawned on me that it would probably be more useful on the Ridgid forum. Not Rocket science, but very helpful. I've had my 2424 for over 5 years and been very happy with it.

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthr...psed&sb=5&o=31
    Dick

Thanks Hergy. Like the idea. I may give something like that a try next weekend.

WWS
    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Neat idea Hergy, just may have to copy that.

Is your outfeed table attached to the back of you saw or is it free standing? If it's attached, how about a picture or two showing how you did it?
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Hergy,
        You've had that saw for 5 years? My saw didn't look that pristine after I had used it for 5 days. Nice job on the aux fence.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Hergy,

I plan on making me one also!

Jerry
          It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

Nice.
            Thanks Hergy.
            ken
            Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Badger Dave, The outfeed table is from Wood mag plans. It is attached to the saw. As a matter of fact, the wood plan shows a Ridgid TS2424 as the saw being used in the plan. The webbed panels are actually used to attach the table. When I added the router table, i just drilled holes in the side of the saw and bolted on some 1/8"x1" aluminum angle. The outfeed table is supported by fold up legs on the ends also. The fold up business on the table is really a non issue for me as my saw stays in the same place.I don't use the blade guard that came with the saw as I have installed an MJ splitter and a PSI overhead blade guard /dust collector.

I can't take any pics right now as I'm in the process of rearranging my shop for the 983rd time and the space underneath the outfeed table is full of crap while I square away the other side of the room.

My shop started as a 12x20 and no matter how many times I rearrange it always comes out 12x20.
              Dick

Comment

Great Ideas

well great work on both jigs.

I am impressed and clean as heck to boot.

So you never did answer what you use to keep the top that way?

Answer would be even greater

Again well done pictures saved for the future.
                Not responsible for speeling mistakes
                Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Hergy
                  My shop started as a 12x20 and no matter how many times I rearrange it always comes out 12x20.
                  My shop sounds alot like yours too. My shop is 14x20 after rearranging it it was 20x14.
                  SSG, U.S. Army
                  Retired
                  K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Keeping top clean

Sorry, I thought I had answered the question about cleaning the top, but, it was over on the other forum. This was the reply:

"The pic of the aluminum angle is the back side of the fixture. There are 3 of these 1/4-20 bolts which are inserted into the slot on the top of the fence and tightened down with knobs. Thickness of wood and rabbett for the angle were just based on the width of the fence. I don't remember the brand of the insert, but I believe I got it from either Woodcraft or Woodworkers supply. It's pricey but it's a great way to have a ZCI for each blade quickly and easily.

The router wing is a Bench Dog also about 4-5 years old. I think the new ones are steel? To clean the top of the saw I just used one of the 3M scratchy pads. Iv'e used both the gray and green ones followed by Johnsons Wax. I usually redo the top after I finish a project so I can start fresh on the next one. Usually by the time I finish a job my workshop is trashed and this is just part of the cleanup before I trash it again. "
                    Dick

Comment

Originally posted by Hergy
                      Sorry, I thought I had answered the question about cleaning the top, but, it was over on the other forum. This was the reply:

"The pic of the aluminum angle is the back side of the fixture. There are 3 of these 1/4-20 bolts which are inserted into the slot on the top of the fence and tightened down with knobs. Thickness of wood and rabbett for the angle were just based on the width of the fence. I don't remember the brand of the insert, but I believe I got it from either Woodcraft or Woodworkers supply. It's pricey but it's a great way to have a ZCI for each blade quickly and easily.

The router wing is a Bench Dog also about 4-5 years old. I think the new ones are steel? To clean the top of the saw I just used one of the 3M scratchy pads. Iv'e used both the gray and green ones followed by Johnsons Wax. I usually redo the top after I finish a project so I can start fresh on the next one. Usually by the time I finish a job my workshop is trashed and this is just part of the cleanup before I trash it again. "

Thanks Hergy for the input.

Much appreciated
                      Not responsible for speeling mistakes
                      Jeff

Comment

Working...
                      X