Router table discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Sama
    You will love the PC 8529. I got mine a while back when I lived in Florida. PC is not that popular there I don't know why. But Lowes had on clearance. I got for about 60 and a 50 rebate. was the sweet or what.

Comment

I wanted to give you my opinion on the rockler router table.
      I have the rocket table, fence large plate and steel legs.
      Overall all is good, it does the job.

Room for improvement:

* Plate is only 1/4" thick - it should be 3/8" thick specially for the PC7518 3HP

* Plate does not have a started pin.

*Fence is well made, however it does not have any messuarements to make sure everything is square, the aluminum back of the fence has a 3 1/4" openeing which if you are using a raise panel bit you will need to use thicker fence face.

The table does not have any mesuraments guides so you don't know if the fence is square to the track.

I love the steel legs and I upgraded my to there casters and it works very well. I also added a started switch a must in my opinion.

Would I buy this package again... No for a bit more money I think you can get much more...

On another note, has anyone used rocklers bits, how do they compare to Freud, or CMT, or amada...

I hope this help,

olilugo

Comment

wow!!! I really appreciate all the responses. In the time it took me to fly from Gainesville, FL back home (1hr 20 min. flight, 2 hr drive to the airport...)there's two whole pages!!! Must be a popular topic....

I appreciate all the photos especially. It's hard for me to visualise from verbal descriptions sometimes. These definately look like some great ideas. I think I'll try the table extension option.

I'll be making raised panels (hence the need for variable speed, as well as real horsepower). So, I'll have to keep in mind the extra throat clearance for those bits! Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to get some orders in and go looking for routers.

Ken, does that table rise higher than the guides? I will probably give Woodpecker a call tomorrow to start talking about having one made up. It looks very nifty!!
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

"Ken, does that table rise higher than the guides? I will probably give Woodpecker a call tomorrow to start talking about having one made up. It looks very nifty!!"
          Sandy,
          Sorry, it's early...
          I'm not clear on what you mean about the table and the 'guides'.
          ken
          Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Working...
          X