X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left handed steel shank claw hammer

Last year rigid came out with a hammer for lefties. I know, what difference does it make, well if your a lefty it makes a difference.. I am heading to Iraq in 8 days and would like to know where i can purchase another hammer. Home Depot has stopped carrying apparantly in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Can anyone help me please?

I've got the right handed version of that hammer, like it alot. I believe though that its been a few years now since Ridgid discontinued them. They originally sold for $29 here but when HD cleared them out they went for $9 here. If it was only last year that you purchased yours, you must have found a stragler.

At the moment, I can't recall what company makes them but I do recall that left handed hammers are available. Maybe someone can fill in that blank for you.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Boy, am I glad I'm retired--I never heard of a left handed hammer before. I'm ambidextrious--I sure would have hated to have two hammers on my belt all day!:-)

Comment

glad to hear your retired however its irrelevent. Y u bother posting?

Comment

Thx badgerdave for the info. Im glad to see someone other than me knows about the handedness of a hammer. It seems like there would be more info on web but i have spent 2 days searching to no avail. Please hit me up if u remember where to get a lefty hammer.

PS tell the spammer he's not appreciated pls.

Comment

Ok guys,

I guess I'm really going to show my ignorance here, but I really would like to know.... What is the difference between a left- and right-handed hammer; seriously?

CWS

Comment

CWS, the Ridgid hammer had the grip molded in such a way as to fit the contour of either the right or left hand. If you were to hold one of the left handed models in your right hand you would immediately feel awkward holding it. Supposedly, if held properly, it also made it easier to hit a nal squarely. The grip was also designed to force you to hold the hammer at the bottom of the handle.

Comment

BadgerDave,

Thanks... I thought maybe I had missed something somewhere in the past (like called in sick that day) When I first saw this post, I looked at the date, figuring it was still to cold to be April 1st! Then I decided I'd just wait for the punch line.... Like left or right-handed nails.

Now that I see you guys are talking about one of them-thar new fangled hammers, I understand. I am greatly relieved.

Thanks,

CWS

Comment

It was so new fangled that sales for it, the Ridgid one at least, probably sank faster than a boat anchor. IIRC, it was only on the market for a couple of years before they pulled the plug on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X