Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackiem1
    i have installed a new switch on my 3650 from th reitech company

this is the second time i have used this switch (i had installed this switch on my delta cabinet saw with good success. you can view
    switch on their website on reitech (under products) its a little pricey
    i paid approx $150.00 but it is well worth it. i purchased it locally
    you can touch the switch with your knee or hand on any part
    of the switch and will shut off the power, its worth a look i haveused this switch for many years with good results
    Mine was less tha $30.
    ken
    Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

saw switch

i guess you get what you pay for

Comment

Originally posted by blackiem1
        i guess you get what you pay for
        blackiem1,
        I wasn't slamming what you paid. I saw that I forgot to post the price in the earlier post.

Comment

Originally posted by KenM
          Mine was less tha $30.
          ken
          Sounds like in my league also.

Not slamming but $150.00 is a tad to high for my taste

And budget.
          Not responsible for speeling mistakes
          Jeff

Comment

Grizzly has a number of choices for 120 and 220 equipment. There are of course other sources, but this will give you an idea of the selection available and a guide on pricing.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/sear...=10&submit.y=7
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Bob, yep. I was ready to order from Grizzly when someone pointed me to surpluscenter. Surplus has the same contactors as Grizzly, in plastic boxes. They also have the metal boxes which are a little cheaper, which is what I choose. The contact ratings are the same. Still can't go wrong with Grizzly tho.
              Ken
              Last edited by KenM; 03-11-2006, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Interesting, I just looked on their site and they list 63 different magnetic switches, but NONE are 120V and NONE of them are single phase.

How long ago did you buy your switch and what is the Surpluscenter Item Number?

http://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.as...06031109061527

Maybe they are located somewhere else on the site but I could not find them.
                "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."

Comment

Going to purchase...

Ok, you guys have convinced me to purchase the 3650...I have other Ridgid hand power tools and love them, but was unconvinced that they could produce a quality table saw...glad I found this forum...

Now to the meat. I have heard discussion of this home depot coupon floating around...WHERE IS IT!!? I have searched high and low...could anyone point me the way!

Thanks in advance.

Comment

It's in the pocket of the HD employees. You need to ask for one of their friends and family 10% coupons I think is how they refer to them from what I have read here. I have not used one myself.

Comment

huh...? Never heard of such a thing. I guess I should ask to talk to manager.... I did notice some coupons on the bay but they had a lot of warnings regarding "it aint my fault if these get confiscated...etc"

I am getting ready to start a cabinet project and will also be buying a joiner so maybe that will help.

Comment

Originally posted by NeedaSAW
                        Ok, you guys have convinced me to purchase the 3650...I have other Ridgid hand power tools and love them, but was unconvinced that they could produce a quality table saw...glad I found this forum...

Now to the meat. I have heard discussion of this home depot coupon floating around...WHERE IS IT!!? I have searched high and low...could anyone point me the way!

Thanks in advance.
                        I bought 20% off coupons from E-bay. I paid $7.50 for 5 of them. Saved over $100 on my 3650. I'm going back today to pick up a portable planer. Make sure you buy them from someone that states they are the originals. Some folks are selling photocopies.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D.
                          Interesting, I just looked on their site and they list 63 different magnetic switches, but NONE are 120V and NONE of them are single phase.

How long ago did you buy your switch and what is the Surpluscenter Item Number?

http://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.as...06031109061527

Maybe they are located somewhere else on the site but I could not find them.
                          Hey Bob,
                          My fault, I neglected to say I'm running the 3650 at 220. The 3 phase doesn't matter. The coil is 220 single phase.
                          For the single phase saw motor just use 2 of the 3 available contacts on the contactor.
                          ken

Comment

Working...
                          X