Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find Johnson's paste wax in Canada?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find Johnson's paste wax in Canada?

Good afternoon gentlemen;

I have the TS3650 and read on these boards to spray it with top cote and rub Johnson's paste wax on top.

I have the top cote but problem is that I cannot find the wax anywhere up here in Canada.
    No luck at Walmart, HD, Canadian tire, Safeway, Superstore, etc.

Any idea where I can get it in Canada? (I am in Calgary)

THank you very much.

Have you only been looking for Johnson's? I assume not and in that case I am sorry I cannot offer any advice on where to look.

But if you are, you might consider looking at some other brands. There are other companies that make a paste wasx (i.e. Minwax) that you might look for. I think any paste wax will do and does not necessarily need to be Johnsons's.

WWS
    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by wwsmith
      Have you only been looking for Johnson's? I assume not and in that case I am sorry I cannot offer any advice on where to look.

But if you are, you might consider looking at some other brands. There are other companies that make a paste wasx (i.e. Minwax) that you might look for. I think any paste wax will do and does not necessarily need to be Johnsons's.

WWS
      Thanks for the info. Yes, I have been looking for Johnson's since that is the brand everyone around here seems to swear by.

I did find the Minwax all over the place but I was not sure if it had the dreaded silicone in it or not.
      Do you know for sure that I can use the Minwax paste wax?
      Thanks again.
      TC

Comment

I have not personally used the Minwax, but did see BadgerDave and a couple others recommend it as they had no problems. You might also try Butchers (I have used that one in the past). I found a few other threads that had links to buy a few of these online:

http://www.scjbrands.com/mailorder/

You might also have a look at this thread for pretty much the same info I put above:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ighlight=paste

I suppose as a last effort you could try buying it online, but perhaps some of the other Canadian members could offer more local advice than I!

WWS

Comment

Originally posted by wwsmith
          I have not personally used the Minwax, but did see BadgerDave and a couple others recommend it as they had no problems. You might also try Butchers (I have used that one in the past). I found a few other threads that had links to buy a few of these online:

http://www.scjbrands.com/mailorder/

You might also have a look at this thread for pretty much the same info I put above:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ighlight=paste

I suppose as a last effort you could try buying it online, but perhaps some of the other Canadian members could offer more local advice than I!

WWS
          That is awesome info, thank you.
          I was tempted to take the minwax since it is cheap (8$Cdn for a half litre tub) but I did not know if it was acceptable or not.
          The other thread was exactly what I needed.

Thanks again from the great white north.
          I can send you some -15 weather and a foot of snow as thanks.
          Interested???

Comment

Originally posted by Tall_Canuck
            Good afternoon gentlemen;

I have the TS3650 and read on these boards to spray it with top cote and rub Johnson's paste wax on top.

I have the top cote but problem is that I cannot find the wax anywhere up here in Canada.
            No luck at Walmart, HD, Canadian tire, Safeway, Superstore, etc.

Any idea where I can get it in Canada? (I am in Calgary)

THank you very much.
            If you have an ACE Hardware in Canada you should be able to find it there

Comment

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Tall_Canuck
              I can send you some -15 weather and a foot of snow as thanks.
              Interested???
              We are on something like day 130 or so of no moisture. Got a 40% chance of rain for tomorrow though! I'll take what I can get. Being from MT originally, I dislike this state a little more everyday.

Comment

Where, in WalMart are you looking? I find it at our WalMart near the cleaning supplies.

Comment

I bought Minwax paste wax from HD in Shawnessy for my 3650 it works fine. Any paste wax that does not contain silicone will work.

regards

Ken

Comment

THanks guys for all of the advice.

Walmart does not have it anywhere; not cleaning, not paint, nowhere.
                    The SKU from the other thread is for a sink in Canada.

I will get the Minwax since it is cheap and available everywhere.

Thanks again.

TC

Comment

Working...
                    X