Woodworking Instruction in Central NJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodworking Instruction in Central NJ

I am wondering if anyone can help with a suggestion for woodworking instruction. I live in Monmouth County NJ. The only course I located is full. I'm trying to make a changing table for my first grandchild...I'm a licensed plumber, handy with tools...just the wrong ones. Desperately need someone to help me use the tools I've purchased. Any ideas for classes or private instruction? Many thanks.

The only advice I have to offer is measure twice cut once.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Also found some plans.
      http://www.grizzly.com/products/H6521
      http://www.grizzly.com/products/H4307
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Salksy
        I am wondering if anyone can help with a suggestion for woodworking instruction. I live in Monmouth County NJ. The only course I located is full. I'm trying to make a changing table for my first grandchild...I'm a licensed plumber, handy with tools...just the wrong ones. Desperately need someone to help me use the tools I've purchased. Any ideas for classes or private instruction? Many thanks.

It's a bit of a ride from Monmouth County, but check www.petersvalley.org. I took a couple of classes there last year and really enojoyed it.

Comment

there is a wood turning club in CNJ. Can't think of the name just now, I'll have to look later as I am out the door to a class right now.
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Only option for instruction in the next months is looking to be one-to-one. Anyone out there in Central NJ who could offer tutoring in woodworking basics on a fee basis? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X