X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Mitre Gauge for TS 2400

I've had my 2400 for about 2 years, and just love the damned thing. It's very hard to find anything to fault, except that there's a bit of slop between the mitre gauge and the slot. SO, I'm wondering if any of you guys have bought aftermarket mitre gauges for your 2400's, and what your experiences have been. There's so much out there, it's tough to figure the best way to go. This is a hobby for me, and most of the work I do are small projects, so precision is important. Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    phil
    philz

Don't really need a new one!

In "The Table Saw Book" by Kelly Mehler, he describes how to take the slop out of your miter gage.
    You use a prick punch to make a series of dimples on both sides of the bar. If it gets too tight, you file down the dimples. If it's still too loose, you make bigger dimples. HTH
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Woodcraft has the Incra miters on sale during March 1 - 31. I've never used them, but they seem to have a good reputation.

Comment

All the Incras are great. Depending on what you want to spend, the V27 is around $50 and from there they go up. All of them have adjustments for fit. The great thing about the Incras is that they are precise. Set them up and they stay set.
        ken
        Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Guys- many thanks for your input.

phil
          philz

Comment

Another vote for the Incra. I have the 1000SE, and love it.

Comment

Working...
            X