Extend Rip capcity on 3650

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extend Rip capcity on 3650

I just pick up my new 3650 last week. Pick it up with a 20% coupon I bought on E-bay for $7 bucks. I read a lot of posts on this site before the purchase and it helped alot. Looking for the date code was great info in order to avoid the arbor issue.

Has anyone extended the rip capacity of their saw buy moving the fence rails over? I know I would loose the ability to cut to the left of the blade, but how often do you cut to the left of the blade.
    Last edited by MrZ; 03-06-2006, 10:05 PM.

I suppose if you properly braced up the rails you could do it. That being said, there have been very few instances where I've wished I had a wider rip capacity than the 36" you get when you mount the rails to factory specs.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Rip capacity

Dave, I'm with you on this. I've never quite understood the need to rip anything wider than 48". A 30" rip would give you a little wiggle room in splitting a 4x8 sheet. If you are x-cutting a 4x8 sheet that's a different story and one which I would not want to participate in. This would be a scary cut for me. I would be interested in how people use this extra rip capacity, beyond 36"??????????????
      Dick

Comment

Thanks for the input.

The more I thought about it today, the more I thought why would I????

It would probably be easier to use my straight edge and circular saw for 4x8 sheets. Plus I can't throw around 4x8 sheets of plywood around like I did before age kicked in.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Pardon the Hi-jack....Where did you find a 20% coupon? I searched Ebay. Also, where did you pick it up? Home Depot? I would think they wouldn't take it. I have been waiting for Memorial Day to get the Vet 10%
          I only do Woodworking to justify my true hobby...Tool Collecting!

Comment

Originally posted by skypn
            Pardon the Hi-jack....Where did you find a 20% coupon? I searched Ebay. Also, where did you pick it up? Home Depot? I would think they wouldn't take it. I have been waiting for Memorial Day to get the Vet 10%
            I bought it on E-bay. I actual bought 5 (20% off) more on Friday $7.50 for all of them. Just make sure the seller is stating that they are the original coupons & not photo copies.

The one I had was actually a photo copy, but the store took it without a problem. Never even asked where I got it.

I checked E-Bay this morning and there are still tons of them.

Good Luck.
            Last edited by MrZ; 03-05-2006, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X