X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 and Dado Blades

My wife being the great supporter of my hobby that she is, bought me a new DeWalt 8" stackable set. After reading many threads, I need to ask a couple of simple questions before I open it. Will it work, and will it work without having to hop on one leg and say 4 hale Marys in the process? If not, what do you you suggest as a good dado balde, I do not want a wobble or junk.

Thanks
    Never use your thumb to check the sharpness of a spinning blade

As far as I know, the only stacked dado sets that won't work on the 3650 are the Freud SD600 Series sets. No experience here with the DeWalt set so I can't comment on its quality of cut. There are big differences in the quality of stacked dado sets available along with big differences in prices. I may very well be way off base here but B&D, the parent of DeWalt, also own Oldham so there is a chance that the DeWalt Dado Set is made by Oldham.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I also have no experience with the Dewalt dado blades, but I have used the Freud 8" dado set with no problems. I don't really see any difference for the Dewalt blades, and seem to recall reading somewhere on another forum that they used a Dewalt with no problems. If I come across that I will edit the link here.

WWS
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

I have the Dewalt set and it works great on my 3650. I found the dado set to be very good with no chip out on maple plywood and sharp edges and flat bottoms. I think that you will be very pleased with the performance of the set.

Just my opinion.

Ken

Comment

I realize that I am a newbie, and this is definately a newbie question, so I am sorry for my ignorance here.
          Why won't the Freud SD600 Series dado set work with the table saw?

Comment

Freud's SD600 Series Dial-A-Width Dado Set is a stacked dado set, but the shims have been replaced with a patented dial system, which allows users to adjust the width of cut via a patented dial hub capable of micro adjustments.

That dial makes the set too wide to use all the chippers on the 3650's
            1 1/8" long arbor. It doesn't fit a lot of saws, not just the 3650.
            Lorax
            "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Makes perfect sence to me. Thanks Lorax!!

Comment

Working...
              X