No announcement yet.

Picked this up yesterday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had the WC version for awhile. It's the same as the older model delta, Grizzly, etc. It's made by Orion so that's a good thing. The manual from WC is not the best, download the manual from Grizzly.
    Mine was aggravating to get setup on the left tilt 3650. I called support and spoke with an Orion tech who confirmed that I needed to enlarge the holes on the base to get it aligned dead on. This was apparently not normal, I just happened to get an oddball, which is normal for me.
    After all was setup, it's a fine addition to the 3650. Use the spacers as described in the manual for repeatitive cuts and make consistant tenons all day long.
    Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Comparison

It seems to me that by looking at the pictures of these various jigs, they are VERY similar. I'm talking about the Woodcraft, Rockler, and Shopfox. I found the best price on the Woodcraft model and recently purchased this one. I really didn't want to dump $100+ on a jig, but sometimes you just get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by KenM
        I've had the WC version for awhile. It's the same as the older model delta, Grizzly, etc. It's made by Orion so that's a good thing. The manual from WC is not the best, download the manual from Grizzly.
        Mine was aggravating to get setup on the left tilt 3650. I called support and spoke with an Orion tech who confirmed that I needed to enlarge the holes on the base to get it aligned dead on. This was apparently not normal, I just happened to get an oddball, which is normal for me.
        After all was setup, it's a fine addition to the 3650. Use the spacers as described in the manual for repeatitive cuts and make consistant tenons all day long.

Okay will do and it is a total pain to setup.

Hair pulling crazy

Still working on it back and forth on setup.

Will down load the griz manual.

Thanks for the heads up on that.

It is pretty solid I will give it that.

Hope don't have to make a boat anchor out of it.

Well I quess back at it again.

Gosh takes longer to set it up then putting TS together another

Must of missed the spacers thing.
        Not responsible for speeling mistakes
        Jeff

Comment

Several years ago I built one, it worked OK. Then caught the Woodcraft tenon jig you have on sale for $39.99. That was 2 years ago. All I can say about it is "Ya done Good" They do a great job and only take a little practice to master. I pithed my home made one it the trash long ago. Anyone else thinking about it, go for it, you wont be sorry.
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

[QUOTE=Ridgid507]I've been recently looking for one of these also and would like to know how you like it. Does anyone have any input on Shop Fox brand or Yorkcraft brand tenoning jigs? I'd appreciate the feedback. Thanks

There are several of these tennoning jigs around and they are pretty much the same basic design. I have the Woodcraft and haven't used it much but it does the job. I wouldn't pay $40 more just to get a name brand with a different color, different knobs or handwheels.

Comment

Works Great!

I recieved my jig today and after 1.5 hrs. of setup and squaring, I was making dust. I felt the setup was somewhat easy and the jig was very solid. I am very happy with it and it worked perfectly for the job at hand. Thanks for everyone's input on their experiences with this jig.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridgid507
                I recieved my jig today and after 1.5 hrs. of setup and squaring.
                Mine is more like 1.5 hrs of cursing and swearing.

And still don't have it set up per say.
                Not responsible for speeling mistakes
                Jeff

Comment

http://www.grizzly.com/products/H7583/images

Comment

fixing the saw table

Reef,

Not to change the topic, but did you get the extension wings on your saw evened out? I had the same problem, finally fixed it real (well sort of) easy, didn't have to drill anything at all. Let me know if you still have the ridges in the middle.

Tim Taylor

Comment

I have had on of those for several months now. If you have a 3650. You will have some trouble making some of the adjustments. It is made for a saw with the "T" slot having a different dimension from the blade. It does have two locations to mount the slides. The position you will need to use will prevent you from making adjustment through the top access holes. I still like mine though and have used it with success. Good luck with yours.

Comment

Working...
                      X