Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at TS3650

Hello All-

I am new to this site and have enjoyed woodworking for sometime now. I am now using the Ryobi BT3000 and have been very happy with the saw for close to five years but now want something bigger.

I have read most reviews on the 3650 in ww mags and on this site and others. My question is if the leg and arbor issue now resolved?

I am also adding on to my shop and plan on a 20 AMP deadicated circut for the saw and want to have it connected to a addional 20 AMP circut for 2 HP HF DC.

The BT3000 main feature was the killer sliding table and accuracy that I loved. Will I be missing any of the above?

Should I wait for purchasing due to any new updated versions coming out?

Also, are there any after market add-ons such as a sliding table?

From my reading, this bunch of woodworkers seam very nice and knowledgable.

Thank you for your insight!

Tom

P.S. Are there any other previous BT3000 users here and what are your thoughs?

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ghlight=BT3000

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ghlight=BT3000
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Hi Tom - I don't think you'll be giving up any accuracy, and there are several aftermarket sliding tables that can be added to most saws....the 3650 included. What you'll gain is stability, large working surface - especially in front of the blade, quiet more powerful motor, long term reliability, and ease of adjustment.

I've read numerous posts from others that have made the same transition, and all seem really happy with the move. I've yet to read of someone who regretted it.

Comment

I agree with hewood. Pretty much summed up what I had to say. I think you will enjoy the TS3650 and there are plenty of aftermarket add-ons or plans to make your own, depending on what you are looking for. I have no problems with the legs on my saw and have not heard anyone complain about them in quite some time.

I have not heard anything on an updated version or new models. Good luck with your decision. I am sure you won't be dissappointed.

WWS
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

As far as the leg stability and the arbor issue is concerned, if assembled correctly there leg stand is very stable. Some have chosen to beef them up with some cross supports but again, properly assembled those shouldn't be necessary. The arbor issue was addressed and corrected almost a year ago already so that shouldn't be a concern unless your local HD has extremely slow turnover on the 3650.

As someone else said, there are a number of people here who have gone from using BT's to 3650's and other table saws. I was going to say that I don't know of anyone who has happily gone from a 3650 to a BT but that wouldn't be nice now would it?

Welcome to the forum.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
            ... I was going to say that I don't know of anyone who has happily gone from a 3650 to a BT but that wouldn't be nice now would it?

Welcome to the forum.
            ...outstanding selfcontrol 'ole chap!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O
              Hello All-

I am new to this site and have enjoyed woodworking for sometime now. I am now using the Ryobi BT3000 and have been very happy with the saw for close to five years but now want something bigger.

I have read most reviews on the 3650 in ww mags and on this site and others. My question is if the leg and arbor issue now resolved?

I am also adding on to my shop and plan on a 20 AMP deadicated circut for the saw and want to have it connected to a addional 20 AMP circut for 2 HP HF DC.

The BT3000 main feature was the killer sliding table and accuracy that I loved. Will I be missing any of the above?

Should I wait for purchasing due to any new updated versions coming out?

Also, are there any after market add-ons such as a sliding table?

From my reading, this bunch of woodworkers seam very nice and knowledgable.

Thank you for your insight!

Tom

P.S. Are there any other previous BT3000 users here and what are your thoughs?
              I used a craftsman saw for a long time but upgraded about a month ago to the 3650(along with a new joiner too ) and the difference was like night and day! I love it. Quiet, accurate, well made and only one minor adjustment right out of the box. I'm sure you would be happy.

Comment

Thanks to everyones input. I am ready to take the plunge.

I do however feel like I am cheating on my BT3000. The first time I saw the 3650 at HD I liked it a great deal and you could say that I had lust in my heart for the saw. That night, I fired up the BT3000 and raised the blade, then I heard the shims comeout of the riser. My first thought was how did my BT know I was only looking at the 3650?

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O
                  Thanks to everyones input. I am ready to take the plunge.

I do however feel like I am cheating (define cheating!) on my BT3000. The first time I saw the 3650 at HD I liked it a great deal and you could say that I had lust in my heart for the saw Hi Jimmy. How are things down on the peanut farm?. That night, I fired up the BT3000 and raised the blade, then I heard the shims comeout of the riser. My first thought was how did my BT know I was only looking at the 3650? I wouldn't worry about it. That saw has been around the block a few times since you brought it home. KnowwhatImean?

Thanks,

Tom
                  T10CTIARPITA
                  Lorax
                  "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Working...
                  X