X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Drill Press

I just finished assembling a new Ridgid DP 1550 Friday and I've got a problem with it. There is a fairly loud click/knock coming from around the front pulley or spindle. It's not the idler pulley although it isn't exactly parallel with the other pulleys. I have another belt that is long enough to go from the front pulley to the motor pulley eliminating the idler pulley and the noise continues and I've eliminated all of the rattles coming from the cover. At first the noise would go away when I lowered the spindle just a fraction of an inch but after I installed the chuck the knock is constant. I suspect it may be coming from the mechanism between the handle and the spindle that lowers the spindle. Have any of you experienced the same or similar problem? The overall build quality of the DP is very good except the flimsy rack used for lowering the table. I'm inclined to take it back to HD and buy another brand but I wanted to hear comments pro or con from experienced users. TIA. DON

No Problems

Hey I-9!
    I have the 1550 also and it's been working great.
    Since this is the only drill press i've ever owned myself, i can't tell you that "this one's better that the 1550" of "that one's better".
    I'm very happy with mine. Except for the rattle that comes from the top cover, it's fairly quite. Looks like you may have a clunker.
    Take that puppy back and get another one and you will probably be happy with it.
    Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

Hey I-9!
      I have the 1550 also and it's been working great.
      Since this is the only drill press i've ever owned myself, i can't tell you that "this one's better that the 1550" of "that one's better".
      I'm very happy with mine. Except for the rattle that comes from the top cover, it's fairly quite. Looks like you may have a clunker.
      Take that puppy back and get another one and you will probably be happy with it.[/QUOTE]

I'm taking it back today.........thanks for the reply

Comment

Working...
      X