Gots me a jointer fellers!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridgid Rules Dude!!!

I really like Ridgid tools. I will stay with them for as much as i can. I did jump ship for the bandsaw. I went Craftsman for that. I just didn't like the Ridgid. But for all the other big items, it's Ridgid. I read the review and the Ridgid products are always getting high marks, usually editor value choice awards and such (right up my alley).
    My next big purchase will most likely be the Ridgid Planner. Again at top editor's value choice award winner.

ROCK ON RIDGID!!!
    Righteous dude, righteous!!
    Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

I bought my Ridgid planer the same day I got my jointer (with quite a chunk out of my savings ). I have not had a chance to use either but a buddy used my planer and loved it. So I imagine nobunaga-sama will get to buy and use both before I even use mine!

Good luck with the tools and enjoy them safely!

WWS
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Someone's feelng sorry for himself...

Pull yourself together ww! I'll hold off and give you a chance to catch up.
        You let me know when you have made chips with yours and then i will try mine... As long as it's by this weekend.

What?!?

Jeez, try to be nice to some people
        Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

Sad little woodworker....

Ya, I guess maybe I am feeling a little sorry for myself.

I hate moving. Especially across states. But it will be worth it in the end, just need to finish fixing up the house to sell which unfortunately does not involve any of my cool new tools . Oh well. I was just going to start on a new roll top desk for my wife and it will have to wait. I'll just have to live vicariously through you all for a while!

WWS

Comment

Got the answer...

Okay, here's what you do...
            As you are building a wall or what have you, take each 2x4 and run it through the planner and then joint the side walls before nailing them up.
            Tell me that won't be something you can brag about on the sellers agreement.
            Huh, huh? Pretty good huh?

That's right! Who's ya daddy!?!
            Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

[quote=nobunaga-sama] My next big purchase will most likely be the Ridgid Planner. quote]

Ridgid makes these??

I thought you wanted a planer?
              Last edited by Lorax; 03-21-2006, 04:05 PM.
              Lorax
              "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Ding Dang it!!!

The Spelling Police caught me again!!!

My God man! Have you nothing better to do!

And yes, maybe i DO want a planner for scheduling when my next planing project will take place. There is a rumor that Ridgid is coming out with their own line of office supplies and when they do (here it comes - are your ready?) WON'T YOU FEEL CRUNCHY?!?!?!

BOO YAAA!
                Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

[quote=nobunaga-sama] My God man! Have you nothing better to do! quote]

Don't you?

That crib is kickin' my a$$! I need a break.

What's "Yoroshiku onegai shimasu" mean? Online translators suck!

The only thing I've been able to translate so far is "bunaga" = "weinie"
                  Lorax

Comment

I know who your "daddy" is!!!!

Originally posted by nobunaga-sama
                    nobunaga-sama's daddy = Lorax!!!

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!! )

WWS

Originally posted by Lorax
                    The only thing I've been able to translate so far is "bunaga" = "weinie"
                    ROFLMAO!!!!
                    Last edited by wwsmith; 03-21-2006, 04:51 PM.

Comment

I'm probably a tad slow, but it seemed to take me quite a while to understand what was happening when you use a jointer.

A couple of things that may be more obvious to others - the jointer will flatten a face but not necessarily make it parallel to the other side...don't worry if it looks like a wedge as long as the face you were jointing is flat...the planer will take care of the other side. If the board requires multiple passes (many will), feed it the same direction every time....turning it around will often give a nice rocker.

Flatten a face first, flip the board up on edge with the newly flattened side against the fence, then straighten an edge. You've now got a flat face that's square to a straight edge....the jointer's task is done. I use a planer to make the other face parallel with the flat side, then trim to width on the saw. Voila...S4S fresh off the press! HTH.

Comment

You'll be sorrrry!

Originally posted by wwsmith
                        nobunaga-sama's daddy = Lorax!!!
                        OF COURSE YOU REALIZE, THIS MEANS WAR!!
                        Lorax

Comment

Ooops!!!

Comment

Name:  e1fc822823d1c50ed6ff1df260e2ad8c.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  58.2 KB
                            Bring it,... I'll take ye all on!

News flash march 21'rst 2006 lorax is really nobunaga-sama's dad!!!!!

Last edited by Polar Sparky 1224; 03-21-2006, 08:59 PM.
                            "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                            "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

So how is that jointer coming along Sama?
                              Not responsible for speeling mistakes
                              Jeff

Comment

I think Lorax has gotten to the finish part of his crib project. It's obvious the paint fumes are gettin to him!

Lorax, go outside for a bit...breathe deep of the crisp clean air (unless you're in like LA or something...then breathe deep of the highly polluted air).

wwsmith, I know you're lookin forward to using these fine new tools. If they're already setup, just take some of the scrap and play w/em a bit. Remember not to plane the fingers. And, you can't joint fingers so keep em away from the sharp turny bits, ok?

Go back to what you were doing...nothing to see here.....

Lorax, Nobunaga is the reference you're looking for. "Never start a land war in ASIA!" Or some other obscure reference....

Oh, and Polar, you still have to chill!!!
                                Last edited by VASandy; 03-21-2006, 06:38 PM.
                                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X