Gots me a jointer fellers!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nobunaga-sama
    Hey Sandy, what do you say we make fun of Sparky for not have one like the rest of us?...

I guess that would be kinda mean huh?...

Wouldn't that be like me making fun of you since you don't have a conduit bender?

I'll have one someday!!!!
    "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
    "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Fooey!

Crap! Does this mean i have to get a stupid conduit bender now!?!
      Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

It is up and running great. What do you think of this

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=5114

for a moble base for it?
        SSG, U.S. Army
        Retired
        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Crap! Does this mean i have to get a stupid conduit bender now!?!
          You don't have a conduit bender?!?!?!?!?!?!

I don't either......let's go bug Polar Sparky and use his!!!
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

TOD, that mobile base looks very similar to the Delta one that I got for mine, which was recommended by Bob or Dave. If it near as good as the Delta version then it should be fine. Mine works great.

Of course I should go on record as saying that I have yet to even pass a stick of wood over my new jointer or planer, but the jointer moves around the garage while packing like a charm!

WWS
            Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by wwsmith
              TOD, that mobile base looks very similar to the Delta one that I got for mine, which was recommended by Bob or Dave. If it near as good as the Delta version then it should be fine. Mine works great.

Of course I should go on record as saying that I have yet to even pass a stick of wood over my new jointer or planer, but the jointer moves around the garage while packing like a charm!

WWS
              I went with the one from Delta. After getting it put together and under the jointer I was not to pleased with the way it preformed it was a little unstable IMO. I removed the legs from the jointer, drilled the base and bolted the jointer to it. Works great now. I did put the lift wheel on the infeed table side and not the front. I felt that it would be in the way if it was in the front.
              SSG, U.S. Army
              Retired
              K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Question answered!

Well... Guess that answered my question from the other thread now didn't it.
                Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

Well... Guess that answered my question from the other thread now didn't it.
                  So what have you done for a mobile base? I have another update on my base. I removed the leveling legs that came with the delta base and used the leveling legs that came with the jointer to bolt it to the base on the lift wheel end. Now when it is lowered it sits on the leveling legs that came with it in there original location. It works great now.
                  SSG, U.S. Army
                  Retired
                  K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Me Likey!

Ooooo... I like that idea.
                    I'm probably going to go with the Delta base.
                    Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

Working...
                    X