X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dust collector ?

I know you can buy them but has anyone tried making their own DC and if so how did it turn out?

Not good...

Well i can tell you this...
    Popsickle sticks make a terrible dust collector material.
    Plus i got really sick eating all of them to make it.
    What was i thinking!
    Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

I have been doing some research on dust collectors recently. Mainly about building my own. I found an interesting site. Not only does he tell you how to build your own, but he also points out the weakness's of alot of the big name and even generic (Harbor Freight) models that are out there and what you can do to "upgrade" them. I still havent made my decision yet as to what route Im going to take. Im still using my shopvac, and shopvacs and mdf sawdust dont work to well together.

Im not a fan of telling people that they should do alot of reading, because I dont like to read a whole lot to get to the point, but this website had lots of good information. I found myself almost reading the whole site. Make sure you check out the links on his page too. And come to think of it, I think I got the link from here, or it was the CNC forum I visit.

http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm

Comment

Originally posted by stidrvr
        I have been doing some research on dust collectors recently. Mainly about building my own. I found an interesting site. Not only does he tell you how to build your own, but he also points out the weakness's of alot of the big name and even generic (Harbor Freight) models that are out there and what you can do to "upgrade" them. I still havent made my decision yet as to what route Im going to take. Im still using my shopvac, and shopvacs and mdf sawdust dont work to well together.

Im not a fan of telling people that they should do alot of reading, because I dont like to read a whole lot to get to the point, but this website had lots of good information. I found myself almost reading the whole site. Make sure you check out the links on his page too. And come to think of it, I think I got the link from here, or it was the CNC forum I visit.

http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm
        thanks for your input. Ive read up on the subject too and am like you dont know if I'm gonna buy or build. Just trying to see what others think of the idea.

Comment

Working...
        X