new to site and my ts3650

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to site and my ts3650

HI everyone. I just bought a new ts3650 and am loving it. I wanted to say that before getting it, I browsed the forum and want to thank all of you for your wisdom. You helped make my purchase. This saw is the first new tool to go into my 30x30 garage/workshop that i built last fall. My wife wants her cellar back. I am not new to woodworking but am far from a pro. The first thing I did was to make a couple of ZCI's. Next will be a crosscut sled. When I get accustomed to using this forum I'll try to get some pictures of the furniture i've built. THANKS again, Steve

Just a l'il friendly advice: Its a 30' x 30' WORKSHOP (lose that "/garage" reference or after getting the cellar, she's going to want to park a car in there and then store stuff, and then come the bicycles, and then she'll expect the lawn stuff to be stored there, and the next thing you know, your new TS3650 is ALL that'll fit in there!! And then where will you put the jointer, planer, bandsaw, lathe, table sander, workbench, drill press, wood rack, etc? You need to nip this "garage" idea in the bud!!) LMAO
    Really, I hope you enjoy the saw as much as I do mine. I've been using mine quite a bit the last three months, and am still amazed at how accurate a machine this is. Enjoy the sawdust!
    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Welcome Steve. Yes, the folks here are very knowledgeable and helpful. I have learned a lot here.
      Ken
      Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Congrats and welcome Steve! Do yourself a favor and pick up a top notch blade or two for your new saw.

Comment

Congratulations on the new purchase Steve. This is a great forum with tons of helpful advice. Look forward to seeing some pics when you get them.

WWS
          Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

'nother newby

Hi Guys.

Like the others in this thread, I just purchased a TS3650. I spent the better part of three evenings setting it up and am busy rearranging half my garage to serve as a shop - I'll let you know the results.

I am not a total beginner at woodwoarking, but I am looking at improving the quality of what I do make by having good tools. The table saw should fit the bill nicely.

I recently finished a set of wooden hand planes, again, once I get more organized I will try and get pictures here.

Regards
            Lee
            "Dad, E means empty, NOT broken" - my cousin Doug, to his dad after the tractor ran out of diesel and Ed claimed the gas gauge was broken.

Comment

Yes enjoy the saw a great tool.

And welcome to the site.

Watch out for the Lorax guy

He can sneak up on you and then it curtins

So using the blade that came with it?

Any other addons?
              Not responsible for speeling mistakes
              Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Reef12
                So using the blade that came with it?
                The blade that came with it is for the neighbor's wood.

Get a Forrest, good Freud ("L" series), Ridge Carbide, good DeWalt ("Woodworking" series 40 or 60), Infinity, Amana, CMT, etc., for your furniture projects.

Comment

Blades

Hewood:

I have some history with woodworking as teh community I used to live in had a General. We had about 4-5 blades for rip and x-cut that were various makes. I like the Freud best, I must admit. And I Will pick up a couple, once I get over the sticker shock of the saw. We also had a Dewaly 735 thickness planer, a drill press and a band saw.

However, my family and I moved and I had to set up my own shop. So it has the Ridgid TS, a Delta TP 400 thickness planer, a Craftsman Benchtop jointer and a whole lot of Lee Valley hand tools. (Gotta love the duzoki saws!) Also a Samona dust collector and a Shop Vac. All new! Well except for the hand tools.

I was on a strict budget for getting tools so these will do for now. I actually bought a Delta 36-979 TS but after dicking around for 3 hours trying to get the extension wings lined up, my wife told me (after a lot of swearing) to "Take the damn thing back and get something that will work for you". The next day I had the Ridgid!!

Anyway, more to follow as I get stuck into my growing list of projects
                  "Dad, E means empty, NOT broken" - my cousin Doug, to his dad after the tractor ran out of diesel and Ed claimed the gas gauge was broken.

Comment

Originally posted by leer13
                    Hewood:

I was on a strict budget for getting tools so these will do for now. I actually bought a Delta 36-979 TS but after dicking around for 3 hours trying to get the extension wings lined up, my wife told me (after a lot of swearing) to "Take the damn thing back and get something that will work for you". The next day I had the Ridgid!!

Anyway, more to follow as I get stuck into my growing list of projects

Slick move. You must be a long time maried man. I've got 26 yrs. under my belt and that ones worked a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by Hector B
                      Slick move. You must be a long time maried man. I've got 26 yrs. under my belt and that ones worked a few times.
                      AHA!!! So that's what it is! Next time the hubby pulls that one, I'll get him on it!!!.........He'll still end up w/the right stuff tho.......
                      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Careful with the secrets

Better watch what ya say fellas.
                        Remember, there's a couple of "them" on the forum!
                        Lorax
                        "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

VASandy

Right nice to meet ya Mam

Comment

Strategies

Hi guys.

Actually I have been married for 22 yrs and we dated for 4 previously, so it looks like 26 yrs total

Today I finished tweaking my saw - or rather didn't. The set up out of the box was so close, I really had nothing to do to get the blade aligned or to get the fence aligned. It was quite amazing.

The next thing to do is get some blades. Does anyone here have any experience with the Thin Kerf Freuds? They look like a nice way to go.

Cheers Lee

Comment

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ighlight=blade
                              Lorax
                              "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Working...
                              X