Cool new push block

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool new push block

I picked one of these up at Woodcraft last week when they were on sale for $15 and finally tried it out this morning.

http://benchdog.com/pushloc.htm

I’m very impressed with this new pushloc, it allows you to rip stock narrower than normal while keeping your blade guard on and more importantly gives you complete control throughout the cut. I anticipate that this will be my go to push block in the future. Any purchase that increases control/safety is money well spent in my book. And for the skeptical members I am in no way affiliated with Bench Dog.

Woodslayer

neat product i just might have to look into that my self
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I went to Lowes to buy the Bench Dog feather boards,saw the Push-Loc and got that too. I needed one anyway for my new 3650. I like both products so far. Time and finger count will tell.

Comment

4 how long?

Hi

I wonder how long it will be before someone copies the idea - made in wood?

Tony Ward
        www.tonyward.org
        Bandsaw Box Plans

Comment

I have to say I actually looked at this push block and I decided to pass, I like the argonomic design however the bottom of this push stick is still plastic and I felt it cold slip while pushing.

In my opinion the push block should have a rubber bottom which gives better grip to the wood and does not scratch the wood while you use it.

I would buy it in a blink of an eye if it had a rubber bottom. after all the is no price you can put on your fingers.

olilugo

Comment

Olilugo

It does, and it grabs quite well (don’t they all when they are new). As stated on the aforementioned website:” Rubber sole helps prevent slippage and won't mar your workpiece.”

Woodslayer

Comment

Yep the rubber bottom grips the wood well. Is the push-loc replacing the push stick type of tool for narrow stock, and do I now need to get the wider based push block to guide wider stock? I'm real new to table sawing and only have the Bench Dog feather boards and Push-Loc as accessories, so please bear with my newbie questions. Thanks

Comment

Hector B.

You got to get yourself one of those Grippers, man those things let you rip as narrow as 1/4 and as wide as you need. They have rubber bottoms and cover the saw blade so your fingers arent harmed.

Comment

Thanks for the correction. I will go and get on of this today.

olilugo

Comment

Originally posted by olilugo
                    I have to say I actually looked at this push block and I decided to pass, I like the argonomic design however the bottom of this push stick is still plastic and I felt it cold slip while pushing.

In my opinion the push block should have a rubber bottom which gives better grip to the wood and does not scratch the wood while you use it.

I would buy it in a blink of an eye if it had a rubber bottom. after all the is no price you can put on your fingers.

olilugo
                    So glue a piece of mouse pad on it. Where is your imagination man?

Comment

Originally posted by woodslayer
                      I picked one of these up at Woodcraft last week when they were on sale for $15 and finally tried it out this morning.

http://benchdog.com/pushloc.htm

I’m very impressed with this new pushloc, it allows you to rip stock narrower than normal while keeping your blade guard on and more importantly gives you complete control throughout the cut. I anticipate that this will be my go to push block in the future. Any purchase that increases control/safety is money well spent in my book. And for the skeptical members I am in no way affiliated with Bench Dog.

Woodslayer
                      I made one simular to that its just some 3/4"baltic birch that fits over your rip fence and has the handle of a handsaw style, also it has a 1/4 " lip at the end to push the stock thru I wanted to post a picture of it, but haven;t figured out how to do that yet, but anyways its a nice tool and sure saves on fingers

Comment

Here is a little trick I do with all push blocks, wood or plastic.
                        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working...
                        X