TS3650 Fence Play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Fence Play

My TS3650 is 2 years old and it gets relatively low uses. Done for decent size projects on it in those 2 years. I just started to notice that the front of the fence, where it rides in the rail is a little loose. When it's not locked down it can shirt left or right without the back of the fence moving causing it to get up to an 1/8" out of parallel to the blade. I also noticed that there is a little roller that is supposed to ride along the front edge of the rail, but it's not even toughing.

I went through the manual and it didn't say anything about this problem. I also didn't see any obvious way of fixing it. It's almost like something worked loose. Only thing I could think of is that the piece holding the roller got bent somehow. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks,
    KC

The little roller is for micro adjustments and is not supposed to touch the rail. Push the roller and spin it to make small adjustments. If the fence locks down parallel to the blade all is fine.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

You also may want to wax both the front and back rail (it sounds like you back rail is dragging) and check to make sure all the fasteners are tight, including the screw on the rear end of the fence.
      Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by KC
        When it's not locked down it can shirt left or right without the back of the fence moving causing it to get up to an 1/8" out of parallel to the blade.

Normally if the fence is not locked down it will be able to shift. As TOD said, if the fence is locked and parrallel to the blade you should be fine.

WWS
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Working...
        X