X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 and shop-vac adaptor

OK now I wonder if anyone can help....I have the 3650 and would to connect my shop-vac to the dust port however I have been unable to find an adaptor.... can anyone enlighten me?

HD has a variety of adapters in different sizes, as does Sears and some Lowe's. Look for them where the Vacs are located. (Not all HDs and Lowes stock them, so try a couple different ones if you have that option). Hope this helps
    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

I have also seen them at Rockler if you have one in your area or you can order online (www.rockler.com).

I suppose last ditch effor would be to buy a Ridgid shop vac!

WWS
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Thank You for the responses. I have seen what Lowes and HD has to offer and neither carries the size of adaptor I need. I have heard that Rockler has the adaptor however I have been unable to locate it on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by jb_turner
          Thank You for the responses. I have seen what Lowes and HD has to offer and neither carries the size of adaptor I need. I have heard that Rockler has the adaptor however I have been unable to locate it on their website.

You might try going to the website and searching for one of these parts:

63570 Universal Dust Adapter
          20871 Hose Adapter

I had a difficult time finding them on the website, but found them pretty quickly in my catalog. The online picture is not so great for 20871 (there isn't one... ), but it allows you to connect a 4" hose to a 2.25" port and you might be able to reverse it. If not then the 62570 should work and you can just cut it to fit whatever size you need, as you did not metion what size vaccuum hose you have now.

Strange, I would have thought Lorax would have been all over this by now. He must be back to working on that crib again....

WWS
          Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by wwsmith
            You might try DUCT TAPE.
            Strange, I would have thought Lorax would have been all over this by now. He must be back to working on that crib again....
            WWS
            As a matter of fact I am.
            Lorax
            "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

My local Woodcraft stocks a large assortment of adapters, I’ve been able to locate everything I need to adapt down to my shop-vac from them.

Woodslayer

Comment

wwsmith,

The size I need is 1-1/2" to 2-1/4" Adaptor and Woodcraft sells it ##144655 ...Thanks to your response and the suggestions you gave and also thanks to woodslayer about suggesting Woodcraft.

Comment

I know that the "Pro Hose" Diameter outside, is the perfect fit inside diamter to all of the Ridgid tools that you would want to collect from. IMO it is well worth the $34.99, and has numerous adapters to enable usage different vacs. It has posi-loc tugg along on the end. I really like mine, and it is FAR more flexible/durable than stock hoses, longer too.

Here is the link :

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Pro-Hose/index.htm
                  There should be NO SUCH THING as "I can't do it." My philosophy on life is simple... "If you're trying, you're halfway there!"

Comment

Homemade adapters

I know this is not elegant or high tech, but my father made any number of vacuum adapters from 2x4s using hole saws and the drill press. He'd figure out inside and outside diameters, cut a round piece to the larger, bevel the edges slightly using the disc sander, then cut a smaller hole in that piece and bevel that hole.

He also would find plastic piping (PVC I think) of the appropriate size which could be inserted into the hose. Using this and his wooden adapters (and duct tape, the handyman's secret weapon), he could seemingly match any size to any size and shape. (We have a belt sander which has a rectangular input to its dust bag. He took a 2x4, cut a rectangular hole to match the sander on one side and a round hole to take a piece of plastic pipe inserted into the hose to the vacuum. Works like a charm.)

They took a bit of work, and may have looked funny, but we never had any trouble hooking any tool to our shop vac.

Just another data point.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                    X