Tapering a Table Leg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapering a Table Leg

Can someone point me to a jig setup to make tapered table legs please..

This is my first post, so hello everyone.

David

Welcome aboard David

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Or you can buy one if you are so inclined at Sears and many other places for about $20, but it is easy enough to build yourself.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

hello david

I came across this in fine wood working
      http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pages/wvt115.asp
      You will need to order the back issue but watch the video first to see if this is what you need....

Comment

I just use a 6" wide piece of plywood about 48" long. I mark the start and stop points on the leg, line the marks up with the edge of the plywood and use double-stick tape to hold them down. Works great.

Comment

One question, more about using tape on wood. Doesn't it leave behind residue that would then mar the finish?
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

You can also use the jointer if you have one. You have to make several passes but no jig is required. .... Maryjo

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy
              One question, more about using tape on wood. Doesn't it leave behind residue that would then mar the finish?
              I haven't had any problems. Scraping and sanding usually remove any glue residue. Plus, I always give everything a good wiping with mineral spirits before finishing.

Comment

Working...
              X