Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you actually replace the old arbor.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you actually replace the old arbor.

All,

How many of you actually changed or sent your TS to your local service center to change the arbor.

I received the part almost as soon as they had a solution to the problem, however I haven't install it.

My TS is tune so well I am affraid if I take it all appart to and send it to be services I will never be able to put it back to what it is today.

Any Sugestions...

Olilugo

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! When it won't do what you want (ie won't let you get the dado cut you want) then go for it if its a problem.
    my 2 cents
    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

olilugo: I, too, got the new arbor right away. After I tried my dado set, I found I didn't need it, so it is sitting in a drawer for "just in case". I am a believer in the old saying " If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Jim

Comment

I was fortunate enough to be one of the first ones to get a saw right after they fixed the issue it seems so I can't offer much of an opinion.

But being as I have been sitting at this computer for 14 hours working and at 5:00PM I decided to upgrade one last thing for a customer and now I have destroyed the system I would definately agree with the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" theory!!

WWS
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Thanks you all. I felt the same way. In all fairness I also have not even use my dado set since I tend to be using the router more often than not..

Regards,
          olilugo

Comment

Replace mine last month. In a word. *Don't!* Too much effort for the end result, especially since I too began to use a router more. I have also since then installed the dado set on a RAS as a permanant station.
            Later,
            Chiz
            Later,
            Chiz

Comment

I recently purchased a used TS3650 with the arbor problem. WHen I called Ridgid, they told me they weren't sending out a new arbor anymore, but they would pay for me to have it replaced at their nearest authorized service center.
              Like you guys, I had intended to just have the arbor around 'just in case'. To take the whole saw to the service center, then have the set up all messed up, and having a dedicated sled, ZCI's, etc...I decided if it ain't broke don't fix it.
              I had asked a question about filling in the dell with copper wire and soldering it, and someone here suggested using Weldbond filler - that he used it and it worked. I think that is a good idea, bought some, but haven't done it yet. I really don't use the dado much either.

Comment

Working...
              X