X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying a table saw

I'm buying a new table saw for my home "workshop"/garage. I have looked at both the delta contractors saw and the Rigid 3650. I know the obvious price difference between the two but can anyone offer some real life comparison between the two brands. I really like what I see in the rigid and I'm only using it for my own use not a professional.

Either one should be a good saw. Buy the one you like and get a good blade or two.

Which Delta model are you comparing? I do like the new T2 fence.

Comment

Originally posted by fire122
      I'm buying a new table saw for my home "workshop"/garage. I have looked at both the delta contractors saw and the Rigid 3650. I know the obvious price difference between the two but can anyone offer some real life comparison between the two brands. I really like what I see in the rigid and I'm only using it for my own use not a professional.
      I just got my table saw a couple weeks ago and after comparing different ones went with the 3650. I looked at sears and delta saws but it looked likr to me the 3650 was the better saw out of all the ones I looked at. Plus the life time warranty was a real plus in my decision. Hope you enjoy the new saw whichever one you decide on.

Comment

Rule #1 From Table Saw Buying Guide - Do not buy any table saw that you can't correctly spell the name of the manufacturer.

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

Delta has a few models of contractor saws available so its hard to compare the one you looked at vs the Ridgid 3650. That being said, their run of the mill saws with none of the add-ons are very comparable to the Ridgid with some exceptions. The Ridgid has better dust collection, wider rip capacity on the RH side of the blade, cast iron wings and of course the Herc-U-Lift mobile base.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I'd like to add to Dave's list the easy on/off blade guard/splitter. It may not seem like much but it nice not to have to deal with any tools to take it on or off. The fence is probably one of the best in its price range too.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I like my 3650 because it has the bones for a superb machine.As time goes on, upgrades for fences, blades and miter gauges just happen. Plus I've seen a number of posts about folks adding a router table to the base unit. Have fun no matter what you get.

Comment

I will put a plug in for the Craftsman Zip Code saws. I was looking at the 3650, but last Christmas the 22104 went on sale for 399. Ended up buying it on a Saturday morning with the additional 10% off for a total of 360. That said, so far I have found it to be an excellent saw. While I cannot say how the fence compares to others, I feel that it is quite good and easy to adjust. Overall, the saw was adjusted very well upon assembly. Plus, it has cabinet mounted trunnions for easy adjustments should any be needed.

Comment

Love my 3650...just the assembly is strange, both metric and standard. The one thing that I found which required a little tinkering was the roll bar. This bar is not at the height of the table, which would make cutting large stock easier...so I added a small 1/2 inch strip.
                "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
                ~Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                X