Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2424-1 questions

Greetings, all.

I've used two of these saws owned by friends for extended projects, and have been really pleased. Now I have the opportunity to buy a used one that I will view later today. The asking price is steep ($400), but the seller claims it's barely used and in flawless shape.

So, I wonder if anyone can tell me how recently this saw was available for sale new? Seems like it's been 3 or 4 years. Does anyone know if it's still possible to get parts for it? Would I be crazy to spend that much money on a used saw? Admittedly, I love this saw, have a bunch of jigs that I've made for it, and know how to adjust it and get the best out of it. But maybe if I used another saw for a day or so, I'd feel the same way; who knows!

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
    -KP

Kp

I have a 2424-1 and I agree with you that it is a great saw but in less it came with some significant upgrades I think that $400 is a little steep considering a new alternative. The 3650 sells for $549, add $51 worth of accessories and you receive a $125 gift card essentially bringing the price of a brand new saw down to $425. Granted, with the sales tax ramifications you end up spending close to $250 more but you also receive $175 worth of extra tools. If nothing else, it’s a good way of convincing yourself that you need a new tool.

Good luck

Woodslayer

Comment

IIRC the 2424 was last available in 2002, maybe 2001. I agree with woodslayer, if it doesn't come with a bunch of upgrades $400 is too much. Its worth is what the seller can get for it but if it were me, I'd offer something in the range of $250 and maybe go as high as $300..
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks for your advice, everyone. Alas, I went to see the saw before I could read your replies, and made the purchase. I'm not too unhappy though. It's in good shape and even though it didn't have upgrades, it makes things I already own useful, which is kinda the same thing.

Cheers!
        -KP
        (good at rationalizing...)

Comment

I agree with the above, but consider whether there is value to you of it already being assembled (6-9 hrs for a 3650) and maybe delivered.

Comment

Working...
          X