X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dado Blade Type?

I looked over the forum but never found anything, I hope I did'nt miss it and make this a repeat question.

What type of Dado Blade is best? stacked dado set, or Adjustable hub (wobble).... I have used the Adj. hub type at work and did notice the bottom of the channel being wider.

Thanks

Stacked is the best.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

You'll find that overall you will obtain much better results using a stacked dado set vs a wobble set.

The Freud SD60x sets do have an adjustable hub which enables you to dial up your dado width but unfortunately you can't cut some of the wider sized dados with them on the Ridgid and some other models of TS's. This is due to the fact that these Freud sets require longer length arbors then those found on many TS's.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I would definately not buy the wobble. Results are not nearly as clean or good as a stacked dado set.

Just my $.02 worth....

WWS
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

I found a relatively inexpensive set made by Mibro at HD. Might have been the "other guys" *coughlowescough*. So far, it's proven to be a decently accurate stacked dado set. I haven't done a whole lot with it yet, but what I have done has been right where it should be!

I agree that stacked dado will always be inherently more accurate than a wobble dado. Just the fact of how a wobble blade works made me leary of them. I'm very pleased with the Mibro set and will, if necessary, upgrade eventaully to a 'better' stacked dado set.
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Thanks for the fine replys, the people here are a great source of information.

Comment

What does anyone think about the Freud Diablo Stack Dado Model DD208?

Comment

The SD208 is a winner. If you don't foresee ever making deep dado cut, say over 1" deep, you might want to consider the SD206. It will save you a little money and its the same set as the 208 only in a 6" version.
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I have the 208 and love it. Works great and never had a problem with it. I have never needed the full depth though, so in retrospect I would probably have saved a bit of money and gotten the 206 as BadgerDave suggested.

Comment

Been using an Amana which had special ground not a problem for me.

Good cut clean no splinter tear out at all.
                      Not responsible for speeling mistakes
                      Jeff

Comment

Are you using the 208 on your Ridgid saw or another saw?

Comment

I am using the 208 on my TS3650 with no problems.

Comment

I've also picked up the DD208, but I'm confused. I understand the purpose of the shims that come with the set, but I'm looking at them and trying to fiind some indication of what size they are. Don't the manufacturers put that info on them somewhere so you get the right combination for the stack you're building?

Comment

Hector B, I have the SD208 and there is a chart on the back of the red plastic case the blades came in that tells me right combination. It is actually on cardboard stock that is affixed to the back of the case.

Comment

Working...
                              X