Zero Tolerance Insert - TS 3650

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero Tolerance Insert - TS 3650

Does anybody know what's the small blade size for a TS3650? I tried to place the Zero tolerance insert today only to find the insert bottoms against the 10 inch combo blade before installation. Any Ideas?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Leave the original insert in place, double stick tape the ZCTP on top of it, exactly aligned. Clamp a piece of 2 by 4 to the 2 inserts across the saw top and slowly raise the blade about an inch. Lower the blade all the way down. Remove the clamps, 2 by 4 and inserts. Install the ZCTP and slowly raise the blade to complete the kerf cut.
    HTH,
    Ken
    Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

If you run a full kerf blade on your saw and have a dado set, you could do it this way. Mount one of the outside blades from your dado set on the saws arbor. Insert the blank ZCI onto the saw and then, either clamp or screw down the ZCI to the table top. Then, just slowly raise the blade up through the blank insert.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Thanks! I'll try it today.
        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
        ~Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Page 47 of the online manual describes how to do it.
          SSG, U.S. Army
          Retired
          K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

BadgerDave, that is a great idea! When I ran into this problem a while back I ended up buying an 8" blade. I never thought of using one of the blades from my stacked dado set.

Oh well, guess I have a spare blade now.....

WWS
            Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Working...
            X