X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie.. Go Easy.. Lol.. Angle Cutting Help Please

i bought a ts3650.. and all i can say is wow! very nice...

but i have a newbie question, if i have a large piece of mdf say 32 w x 28h, and i wanna cut one side at say a 45 degree angle.. how doo i go about doing that?the mitre slide isnt long enough to support that cut.. it pulls out of the table.. and help on this would be great.. like a jig or a sliding mitre long enough? some thing to stablize the wood to get a perfect even cut... please help.. thanks in advance
    Last edited by team5six1; 04-19-2006, 10:53 AM.

You could buy an after market miter guage like this one, http://www.woodpeck.com/incramiter1kse.html To make the cut you described however an outfeed table of some sort should be used.

One way to do it without using your table saw would be to rough cut it with a circular saw and then finish it off with your router and a flush trim bit or a pattern bit.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Another option might be to build a tapering jig large enough to make a 45 degree cut.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

45 degree angle

Did you mean a 45 degree angle on one edge, or make a 45 degree cut across the MDF sheet?

I'd say try a circ. saw with teh blade beveled at 45degrees, with a long straightedge clamped to it. Not as accurate as the TS, but it would still do the trick

Comment

45 degree angle

Did you mean a 45 degree angle on one edge, or make a 45 degree cut across the MDF sheet?

I'd say try a circ. saw with teh blade beveled at 45degrees, with a long straightedge clamped to it. Not as accurate as the TS, but it would still do the trick

Comment

Re: Newbie.. Go Easy.. Lol.. Angle Cutting Help Please

Even a jig saw would work.

Comment

Working...
            X