X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wwsmith
    I think the above posts said it pretty well, but if you live in Peoria I'd go for the "1000 ton" A/C unit first.

It's already too hot for me!
    your not kidding thanks for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax
      Hey BD
      Don't forget about clamps!!
      i am on my way to sears tonite just for that very thing thanks again
      sears has a set i saw on the internet for i think 100.00 of 16 clamps four big 6 medium and the rest smaller and diffrent kinds thanks again

Comment

shop set up

Here are a few suggestions didn't see up above: sanders, chisels, collection of hammers, weatherstripping and insulation, (here in CO, this is not an automatic that it's done) buckets of hand tools.

Comment

1 good hand plane is always nice. When you need it, there's really nothing else that'll do. You can get cheap ones at HD and sharpen/polish the blade pretty well. Should do fine. You don't have to pay hundreds to get a good hand plane.

You need clamps. More. Go get more clamps. I gotta get more clamps. Be back later....going to get clamps.....

I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

As Badger Dave said.
            Clamps
            Not responsible for speeling mistakes
            Jeff

Comment

My wallet is lighter....... I got 2 Bessey 31" bar clamps!! They really seem neat. Got little feet on the free end so they'll stay level. Now I can make door panels.... well, after I spend just a little more on a panel raising bit...then there's the molding bit....then there's the..... ok, well, there's always more.
              I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

god i love clamps

ditto on the hand plane, buck bros has a decent intro one for arround $30. while your there buy an extra blade for it, its like $3, just in case you drop the plane and chip the blade, ya got an extra one one.

i think im going to get more clamps too.
                Last edited by xSTARKISTx; 05-14-2006, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X