X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ts2400 Service Problems

This is my first time posting on any forum, so pls. excuse my display of inexperience. Concerning my situation, hopefully someone will find this interesting and share their experience and/or advise. Well... I bought a TS2400 portable table saw from HD in Honolulu, Hawaii. Oh.. about 18 mo. ago. At that time Rigid did not have a certifide service rep. here. I was reassured by the sales person that HD would repair or replace my purchase should I have problems. I don't remember this sales person mentioning the registration requirements for Rigid's Life Time Warranty nor do I remember whether I did or did not do so. I guess this is my fault. Well... now I have problems with this previously remarkable saw.

HD has told me that there is a Service Rep here now, and that I needed to deal with him. So I called and spoke to someone who was not interested in working on a Rigid TS2400. At first it was a table extension bind and broken handle for the locking mechanism. Well.. after my unpleasant conversation (yes, I do realize that I might be a bit sensative) with this service rep., I cleaned and lubricated the table extension and lever mechanism my self. I also ordered a new handle for this lever. By the way, there is a cheaper outlet for Ridgid parts. The saw, once again, worked great.

Second problem. Three weeks ago, while using the saw, I here grinding coming from the motor and loss of blade torque. Checked with HD again. I
    was told, again, to contact this same service rep. This time a week goes by and he still does not return my call. So, in my frustration, I go out and shop for another portable table saw and find a Bosch 4000 with cart for $499.00. I thought this was a great deal so, I bought it. Good Saw.

So now, I remove the motor from the TS2400 to see what's up. I find that the arbor gear and the armature gear are stripped. I have the motor checked out and it is just fine, other than the stripped gear. Everyone I speak to finds this odd. Oh well...

Comments would be appreciated.

I'd try sending HD headquarters a note and seeing if they'll send you the gear to replace yourself.

I tend to be a fairly ethical guy, but if I thought I was getting screwed royally, there are creative ways to fight back.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by hewood
      I'd try sending HD headquarters a note and seeing if they'll send you the gear to replace yourself.

I tend to be a fairly ethical guy, but if I thought I was getting screwed royally, there are creative ways to fight back.

Good luck.
      Thanks for your suggestion. I definitely will do so. Unfortunately, after further research, I found that one of the gears is the armature shaft. Also, this part and the arbour assembly are now sold as one piece which is called the motor assembly. In other words it seems that someone realized that if you have problems wtih one of these gears, you will be replacing the motor anyway. I have not found any discussion on this particular problem. Could the problem with my saw(TS2400) be an isolated situation.

By the way, I'm not one to sit on a problem hoping for results, so I have already replaced the motor myself. The saw runs great again. Unfortunately, I am also the type who wants to share my experiences.
      Since I have not received satisfaction from HD or Rigid's service rep. in Hawaii, I would caution those who are in my similar local. The motor assembly cost me $230.00 from the cheaper source as mentioned earlier. This time I will mention their name (Outdoor Distributors). This included shipping. It would have cost me $275.00 + shipping from RidgidParts.com.

As for Ridgid's warranty and HD power tools, from now on, I only window shop. We have a local tools co. called "Slims Power Tools". For some reason I got away from shopping there, probably just convenience or the draw of the big store. Their tools come with a 1 year, anything warranty. Even run it over with a truck, type warranty. I will write to HD and Rigid letting them know of my situation and refer them to this site, so they may too have an opportunity to be informed and hopefully take some sort of positive action.
      I know..."Wishful Thinking" Oh well, we can hope can't we.

Comments and participation is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Aloha braddah...I just bought that saw from the Kapolei HD and I hope I don't run into the same problems as you did. You'd be surprised what an e-mail to the corporate office will do. I would complain about the service rep and give as much detail as possible. I got a real good deal on the saw too. I used my 20% off HD coupon and that brought the price down to $359 and after I send in the gift card promo, I'll get a $35 gift card in the mail. So the saw would actually have cost me $324. Not bad huh? Auuuuryte!!!

Comment

Working...
        X