Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet/Dry Vac (What to buy?)

Hi all
    I am looking at getting a new Vacuum. I have a 16gal 6hp. Craftman unit (With the removable blower) but I want to leave it at our cottage up north.

My main use will probably be garage clean-up and used to clean out the cars.
    I am thinking about the 4.5gal 5hp Pro Pack, or one of the base 4gal 5hp wet/dry vac. I am thinking I will like the portability and ease of storage, but I am also very fearful that I may loose some performance. I don't mind if I have to dump more often, but I don't want to sacrifice any suction.

The larger units have 6 and 6.5 hp motors (MORE POWER) , but I am wondering how much difference I will notice.

Any opinions?

If I am loosing a lot of performance by going to these compact units, then I will just deal with a larger bulky unit like my craftsman. If perfomance loss is minimal, then the compact unit may be for me.

Buba

I have a 6hp Craftsman probably similar to yours without the detachable blower feature. I also have a 4.5hp shopvac, which I would assume, would be in the same league as the Pro Pack you are considering.
    http://www.shopvac.com/vacs/detail.a...index&StoreID=
    There is no comparison in the capabilities of the two, between the lower HP and the limitations of the more restrictive smaller diameter hose I would bet that you would be disappointed in a smaller unit. Don’t get me wrong, they definitely have their place and would suffice for vacuuming out cars and such, but after being spoiled by owning a more powerful one you would notice the added time associated with cleanups.

Woodslayer

Comment

Working...
    X