TS-3650 Blade Wrench Size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS-3650 Blade Wrench Size

Hi, I am looking for a replacement for my blade wrenches. When trying to hold the arbor, the wrench keeps slipping off as if the flats are rounded over a bit. Looking to see if anyone knows what size will work on the arbor and nut.

Thanks!
    James

The arbor is 7/8" and the nut is 1 1/16". You will need a thin 7/8" wrench for the arbor. Just a tip you only need to snug the nut to hold the blade. You don't need to really crank on it when you tighten it.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Thanks for the info, i pulled out my calipers and measured them just a minute ago. I guess you are right about snugging it down, I didn't think that I had over done it that much....Lesson learned!

Thanks again!
      James

Comment

Glad to help.
        SSG, U.S. Army
        Retired
        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

For the thin wrench on the arbor side, get a valve tappet wrench available from MAC, Snap-On, Sears, and many others. They are half the thickness of a standard wrench.

You can find the 4 piece valve tappet wrench set at Sears for about $25, I believe they are available individually also. Also, they are guaranteed forever!

Craftsman 4 pc. Wrench Set, Tappet, SAE
          Sears item #00944189000 Mfr. model #44189
          4 pc. standard tappet set with tote. For limited clearance areas requiring a thin-head wrench. Adjust tappets on auto engines. Sizes 3/8 x 7/16, 1/2 x 9/16, 5/8 x 11/16, 3/4 x 7/8 in.
          Last edited by Bob D.; 08-27-2008, 09:58 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
          "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Working...
          X