X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Wonderful Varnish.....

I know this may not be on topic, but I have found the most wonderful varnish I have ever used. It is from Pratt & Lambert....the 38° Varnish. I am currently building 3 conference tables for a university and I knew I could not use the standard MinWax Poly on them, as they had to be perfect. Holy Moly......you might as well have brushed it on with a wisk broom and it would still come out like glass. I have never in my 15 years of woodworking seen anything like this. It is the most wonderful product I have ever worked with......simply a pleasure. It was recommended by a friend and I am COMPLETELY HOOKED! I would very heartily recommend this product to any professional or amateur woodworker who needs a PERFECT finish.
    “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Hey thanks for sharing, in between coats we can use one of our Ridgid sanders too. Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately, I think the Ridgid sander is a piece of Doodo. I got one free with my awesome Ridgid Belt Sander......Anyone want mine for the cost of shipping?????
      “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Thanks for the Tip. ANy ideas on where to buy the P&L Varnish (ie is it in any of the chain stores,etc?)
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Gofor,

Retail locater http://www.prattandlambert.com/produ.../interior.html

Jerry
          It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

I too have use the P&L varnish, and it is without a doubt the best I have ever used as well.

I would also like to take you up on the offer of the sander for the price of shipping!

Regards,

biscuit

Comment

Sure thing biscuit.......please send me your particulars by email and I will send it right away. It's just taking up space here. Hope I can find the hole puncher......
              Last edited by zenophus; 05-09-2006, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Email has been sent,

thanks

Comment

I'd sure like to try the P&L varnish. But the only dealers seem to be Ace Hardware and they only carry the paints, no varnish. I called P&L and they suggested that I ask Ace to order the varnish. Ace agreed to, if I order a case.
                  Idiots!
                  ken
                  Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

P&L Distributor

Ken,

I Use Hunter Paints out of Charlotte, NC. They ship to me within 2 days. Also, ask them to throw in the stain and varnish catalog, some of the P&L stains are gorgeous......particularly the Cherry Bark, which I have used before.

Hunter Paints
                    9315-F Monroe Road
                    Charlotte, NC 28270
                    (704) 321-5990

Comment

Working...
                    X