X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Blade for TS3650

What blade would you recommend on this saw that will hopefully rip 3/4" Soft Maple as well and rip and crosscut 3/4" Maple Plywood. I am currently considering the Freud F410 Premier General Purpose Blade or the Forrest Woodworker II in either the 3/32 or 1/8" kerf. I need the smoothest cut possible without having to chage blades constantly. The blade that came with the saw leaves some blade marks on the side. Would either of the two afore mentioned blades work better for this purpose or do you have other suggestions. I do not own a jointer. The project I'm attempting is kitchen cabinets.

Thanks for any help.

Jan

Either of the two blades you mentioned will give you above average results. A flip of a coin might just be the tie breaker in this cae.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Hi Jan - For your saw, the 3/32" kerf is easier on the motor and will allow a faster feedrate. Most major blade makers will recommend that kerf size for your saw. It'll be pretty noticeable when and if you get into thicker stock.

That said, the F410 doesn't offer anything but the 1/8". The WWII in 3/32" is outstanding IMO...it's on my saw most of the time. It'll do a very nice job on a wide range of materials and cuts. Hard to go wrong if you can handle the $81 price tag from Amazon. The Ridge Carbide is very similar to the Forrest and has even thicker carbide. They offer both 1/8" and 3/32"...Holbren.com offers both for $80 shipped.

The Freud LU88 is surprisingly good. It's from their industrial line which is a step up from their big box offerings. It's tooth geometry allows it to do some ripping tasks pretty well despite being listed as a crosscut blade....it'll do 4/4 and 6/4 material pretty well on my saw, though I expect going any thicker would be pushing it. It's about $50 most places, and cuts very cleanly. Let us know what you end up with.

http://www.epinions.com/content_145552674436
      http://www.epinions.com/content_226312687236

Comment

I have the Forrest WW10407100 and highly recommend it. It'll be hard to do better than that without going with very high quality dedicated blades that you'll be changing often.

Comment

Sounds to me like the WWII would be best for what you describe.

Comment

Working...
          X