X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetime service program

Just purchased the Rigid thickness planer, and was wondering if anybody had any need to use the "Lifetime Service Plan" on any of the stuff Rigid sells. What kind of results did you get?

I've used it three times. 1st for a drill speed control switch. 2nd drill switch that shorted out 4 batteries, all was covered (Saved $300.00) 3rd. Charger stopped working, gave me a new charger. I have nothing but compliments for the warranty.

Comment

do you need to pay extra for this plan ?
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

No, this was all covered under the lifetime service warranty.

Comment

i haven't used it yet but for the price of a stamp to send in your upc code you can't go wrong.Also covering the batteries will sway my mind when i purchase a newcordless drill kit

Nelz

Comment

I recently bought the 3650 and a sander. The HD employees new nothing about the warranty at two stores so I called ridgid and they said all their tools have this warranty. Too bad they don't advertise this warranty even in the store. It's only labelled on the major tools but actually exists on all their tools.

No charge.

Comment

Life-time warranty

All tools, EXCEPT their portable Air compressor OL50135W but it does have a 3-year warranty

David

Comment

Just wanted everyone to take note... This is NOT a warranty, but is in effect a "lifetime service agreement". The standard warranty includes parts and service for product defects and is for three years from purchase date.

The "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement" provides free service on all parts, including bearings, motors, brushes, and even batteries.... BUT, you MUST register the particular tool. If you don't, then it is not covered. There is no fee, but registration is required. Here is the original press announcement: http://www.ridgid.com/Manuals/RidgidLSA.pdf

In most HD stores, the Ridgid "LLSA" logo is displayed on the particular tool's product display card, which should be posted where the tool is displayed. It is also featured on Ridgid's main web page, as well as each product page, I believe. It's really ashame that the stores don't do a better job of informing their customers.

CWS

Comment

i have never used or even needed it but ridgid doesn't like me enough to allow me to have the llsa
                  9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Struggles GETTING the LLSA

Originally posted by House-Medic
                    I've used it three times. 1st for a drill speed control switch. 2nd drill switch that shorted out 4 batteries, all was covered (Saved $300.00) 3rd. Charger stopped working, gave me a new charger. I have nothing but compliments for the warranty.
                    My wait time for the LLSA's (on more than 20 registered tools in my Ebox) now approaching 2 years. I did everything properly, sent in all POP's receipts, everything. Called innumerable times only to be told repeatedly that Ridgid was behind, wait a few more month, etc, etc.........

Talked once more to Customer Service today. She said "Oh, you used a P.O. Box number for your address!!" Hmmmm. THATS WHERE I GET MY MAIL!!. I don't have general delivery. No one ever mentioned this before. Do they send out the agreement via UPS or FEDEX?? I doubt it. I should have kept photocopies of everything. I don't have copies of the UPC's, and of course the dissappearing ink on the Home Depot receipts has faded to intelligibility long since.

What a frustrating journey this has been.

Has anyone else had this type of experience??

Thanks.

Comment

I registered a TS3650 a couple of months ago, and it took about 3 weeks for the Lifetime Warranty to show up on my ebox. In fact, since HD was offering a $75 gift card on the purchase, I had to send the original UPC to them (HD). I contacted Ridgid about the situation, and they allowed me to make a copy of the UPC, as long as I sent the orginal receipt also. I did this, and put in a note requesting that they send back the original when they were done. Low and behold, it arrived a couple of weeks later in a hand-addressed envelope. If the "service agreement" works out as well, I'll be in good shape.

Comment

Working...
                      X