• 3650 Zero Clearance Insert for $13.87

For anyone interested in a Ridgid Zero Clearance Insert for their 3650:

http://www.ordertree.com/modelinfo/R...650.1.1.1.html

I think they normally sell for $32

Originally posted by MrZ
    For anyone interested in a Ridgid Zero Clearance Insert for their 3650:

http://www.ordertree.com/modelinfo/R...650.1.1.1.html

I think they normally sell for $32
    Why would you do that when you can go here and get one for $12.99?

Comment

Originally posted by Cephus
      Why would you do that when you can go here and get one for $12.99?
      In case the extra .88 is worth having a Ridgid Brand Zero Clearance Insert.

or

Having the hole for the screw that holds it in place already drilled.

or

My personal reason, It's orange and matches the rest of the saw.

Comment

On the other hand, if you bought the one that Cephus mentioned, or one like it that is a blank you would get more of a "true" zero clearance insert as you would cut your own slot for that blade width which would be my personal choice.
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by wwsmith
          On the other hand, if you bought the one that Cephus mentioned, or one like it that is a blank you would get more of a "true" zero clearance insert as you would cut your own slot for that blade width which would be my personal choice.

It is blank and it is a "true" zero clearance insert.

Comment

Originally posted by MrZ
            It is blank and it is a "true" zero clearance insert.
            Awful sorry MrZ. I realize now the pic I looked at was the dado insert (different part number).

Comment

Why buy one? I make my own.
              SSG, U.S. Army
              Retired
              K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Do you know if these are UHMW plastic or phenolic?

Comment

I wish I could see what it looks like, as well as the dado insert. The web site is very user-unfriendly. Also wonder about shipping charges, does not appear to be a free-shipping site.

Comment

Originally posted by TomP
                    Do you know if these are UHMW plastic or phenolic?
                    I think they are phenolic.

Comment

Originally posted by agent511
                      I wish I could see what it looks like, as well as the dado insert.
                      The ZCI looks just like the insert that came with your saw but without a precut slot for the blade. You actually cut the slot yourself.

As far as the dado insert goes, save your money and pass on the Ridgid precut version. You'll be much better off and produce better results if you cut your own dado inserts from blank inserts. As a need for a particular size dado comes up, take a blank ZCI and cut a slot after you have mounted the correct size dado blades. Mark the ZCI with the dado size and keep for future use. Eventually, you'll have ZCI dado throat plates for all the dado sizes you normally use.
                      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

thank you CEPHUS

In your comments on this topic you directed the reader to go "HERE"
                        Well, I did and ended up at "might-T-track inc.
                        They offer a myriad of slick shop accessories, not just table saw inserts.

I built a wood holder for my vac line to my drill press...But he as a clever and very nice looking drill press vacuum assembly system.
                        I just ordered it and should see it within the next 2-3 days.

I do not have the patience to read millions of pages of internet advertising..and when someone on this reflector suggests a site, I check it out.

Thanks again

Cactus man aka Marty in Glendale AZ.

Comment

Took 'em long enough didn't it?

Everyones been wanting the ZCI since the 3650 was introduced. Now that people have found alternatives or made their own Ridgid has woke up and realized there might be a few bucks to be made on these ZCI thingys huh? Yeah they had a part number and if you waited till you were eligible for Social Security you might actually get one, but few if any stores saw the ZCI for the TS-3650. Trying to wrangle one from Ordertree or Ridgidparts for the inflated price didn't work out well either.

Too little too late for too much in my book.

They will choke on those ZCIs because they have given everyone ample time to find alternative sources or make their own.
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                          ---------
                          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                          ---------
                          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I am in total agreement with Bob. I would rather to make my own now as it does offer a bit more satisfaction in that I can make accessories for my tools.

Comment

Working...
                            X