X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Out of Business

If you happen to live in the Albany, NY vicinity, the Woodcraft store on Route 9 in Latham, NY is going out of business and everything in the store is 25% off.

I stopped by earlier today and there is still a good selection of carving tools, router bits, finishes, books, rough stock, and if you happen to be in the market a Powermatic 66 and a Powermatic Jointer as well as some Festool items. Saw blades and clamps are pretty much gone.

I don't work for them; just passing along the info in case anyone is interested. This is my first post here so I apologize in advance if it's in the wrong place or inappropriate, but I know we're all always looking for bargains.

Jim

25% off on a Powermatic and Festool stuff is a good deal. I like and have done quite a bit of business with the local Woodcraft store here but usually I find most of their prices a lot on the steep side.

I have to admit though that I hate seeing local businesses like this one going under. The Woodcraft here is a franchise store so the owner is local. I try and give the locals as much business as I can. You can always find a better price someplace else but you'll never find the Internet stores as fast nor as convenient as the one in your own backyard.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

That's a bummer they're going out of business. Glens Falls lost a WWer's Warehouse about 2 years ago. There won't be any place to visit anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by hewood
        That's a bummer they're going out of business. Glens Falls lost a WWer's Warehouse about 2 years ago. There won't be any place to visit anymore!
        Yep, when WW Warehouses folded it was the only WW store within an hours drive. Now, ... er, it's an hours drive. On the rare occassion that I make the sojurn to Woodcraft I go giddy when I get there and entirely forget my plan of attack. I usually come home and look at my purchase and go, "What the..."? "Why did I buy that"?

Chiz
        Later,
        Chiz

Comment

I did a store locator search on the Woodcraft site and found one in my area. What a place!!

Went in for an education on the uses for a magnetic base dial type guage on adjustable arms to check for blade runout etc. Boy were they helpful. Looking forward to picking it up the next time I'm down there.

Comment

Working...
          X