X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip Fence Help

I've assembled my saw and have been using it for more close to 2 years. I love the thing. It's handled everything that I've thrown at it, but I do have one issue and I hope the folks here can help.

For some reason, when I move the fence right to left, it comes our of parallel, by maybe a 1/32". When I move it left to right, it stays dead on. I've tried making adjustments according to manual, but it doesn't seem to improve performance. What have I done (or not done)? Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Jim

When you lock it down, does it stay out of parallel or does it square itself up?
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Lorax
      Once I noticed the problem, I only lock it down when I move it left to right and it stays parallel when locked down. I've not wanted to tempt fate by having a toed-in fence. I'll check it in a bit and get back to you. If it becomes parallel when I lock it down after moving it right to left, I'll feel like an idiot.

Comment

Well?? Are you or not??
        Lorax
        "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

OK, so I finally got a chance to check out whether the rip fence would lock out of parallel if I moved the rip fence right to left. Well, it does, so I'm still looking for advice on how to remedy this.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X