Ridgid oscilating sander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid oscilating sander

I've been looking and looking at sanding stations lately. The Ridgid oscilating edge sander looks to be a decent machine. The pertinent questions.....

Does anyone have one?
    How does this compare to something like the Delta 6"belt/9"disk sander?
    Can the Ridgid do the same kind of sanding as the belt/disk station?
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Sandy, I have the EB4424 and it works great for me. I have used it quite a bit and have no complaints. But I will admit that I do own the Delta 1"belt/6"disk sander as well. I mostly use it for the 1" belt when I need to sand in small crevices for smaller projects. I find that between those two I am able to do most projects without any issue. But the Ridgid works fine for me for medium to large projects. I have used it the same as a belt/disk station.

Just my 2 cents worth...
    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Thanks, wwSmith! I was considering the purchase of a belt/disc sander, then would have to get an oscilating spindle sander. The Ridgid sander seems to have filled the gap there nicely! I'll get the Ridgid and if needed, can always get a belt/disc later. The 1"belt/6"disc sanders are much less expensive!

Comment

I forgot to mention that the dust collection on the Ridgid is awesome! Changing between the spindle and the belt is also extremely easy. Finally I buy my spindle sleeves at Rockler, but if you do a search on this forum for the EB4424 and sleeves you should come up with several hits for other suggestions. They were not as easy to find as I had thought, until I got the idea of the box stores out of my mind....

WWS
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

I now have new orange in the shop!!!

This sander definately rocks. Inside curves, odd shapes, end grain.... and changing from spindle to belt is simple as can be! They really thought out the tool storage. Even the little allen wrenches you hardly ever need (and therefor can't find when you do) store right on the base. What a great idea!

I better get busy buildin some stuff.

Comment

I haven't had this thing for a week, and already I need to replace the belt that came with it. That's only because I use it ALL the time! I'm making a jewelry box from tiger maple and black walnut. To finish the mitre joints, I use the sander w/the table set at a 45. This makes the joints completely flush. Plus, with the spindle I can sand the inside curves for the base. Simply one of the most useful tools I have.

Comment

Working...
            X