TS-3650 power cord

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS-3650 power cord

I apparently "chewed up" the power cord(120v) while raising up the blade. Looks like the cord got between the motor and the side housing....anyone else had this happen? I just happened to check the cord, and saw that the outside cover was "chewed", and there was a little bit of bare wire showing....luckily I didn't get zapped a little.

Wow, glad you caught it before you got zapped. They must have made some changes in the way the cord hangs out of the 3650's motor from the 3612's. Looking at my TS3612, I can't see how the cord could get caught on anything as long as it's looped properly before it goes into the ziptie on the side of the cabinet.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
      I can't see how the cord could get caught on anything as long as it's looped properly before it goes into the ziptie on the side of the cabinet.
      Same with the 3650. Key words being "looped properly".
      Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Since I unplug my saw after using, and move it to an "out of the way" position, I believe I had the cord laying across the saw table, and then later on either raised or lowered the blade. No doubt, it was my error, but it's worth knowing that that raising the blade/motor can pinch "something" if it happens to get back there....and if you do unplug your saw, be careful where you lay the cord.

Comment

TGway, I also unplug and move my saw after each use. What I did to solve the "what to do with the cord" question was to mount one of those old fashioned style coat hooks on the side of the saw. When the saw is not in use, I just hang the cord from the hook which keeps it out of harms way.

Comment

Any idea where I can get some more of those little zip-ties for the 3612? They are pretty fragile and I've broken mine.

Thanks,
            Michael

Comment

Originally posted by ba-doyn
              Any idea where I can get some more of those little zip-ties for the 3612? They are pretty fragile and I've broken mine.
              Here's one place, http://m-and-d.com Type RIDGID 71165 up in the Search box located in the upper part of the RH side of the page.

Comment

Great. Thanks.

Michael

Comment

Velcro!

I generally use velcro to secure unruly cords, cables, and hoses etc. It works great, and is always customizable to your application.
                  Phil
                  Tools Rule

Comment

Working...
                  X