Jake, TS2424 Blade Bevel Adjustment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TS3650 Has Bevel Adjustment Problem Too

I just finished putting together my new TS3650 and after installing the belt guard I tried to check the motor clearance by rotating the blade to 45 degrees. I couldn't get it past 30. I loosened the two screws holding the bearing but this didn't help. The bevel lock is, of course, unlocked and no objects are otherwise in the way.

I did notice the flex that the bearing is putting on the cabinet and I'm thinking this is causing the worm screw to bind. Someone said something about a set screw. I'll give that a try as well as removing the blade guard. The only thing else I can think of is burrs, a poorly machined worm screw, or a bent worm screw...none of which I hope to encounter because I'd be PO'ed.
    Robbie

Comment

Solution for Bevel Adjustment Stiffness

I tilted the blade as far as it would go (20 degrees) and then took a flashlight and looked at the underside from the motor end. The front trunnion has a crescent shaped groove in which the blade cradle slides. I found several substantial pieces of machining trash wedged in this groove as well as a burr that I had to scrape off with a screwdriver. After removing this trash the blade tilted to 45 without a problem. It was harder to turn once I was past 25 or 30 degrees but was easy work for two hands. Hence, I suspect that there may also be trash in the rear trunnion which is harder to see.

This is not necessarily a factory defect. If the bevel was cranked with it locked or partially locked it could scrape off some metal thereby jamming the works.

Hope this works for at lease one other person.
      Robbie

Comment

Working...
      X