X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb question on my TS2400ls

Hi this is my first post on this board, but I have been searching this site for some time to see if someone had the same question. I have a TS2400LS table saw and is looking to see what dado works best with it, or if you can tell me what to look for when buying a dado blades.

Welcom bk. I think that any STACKED dado set that you can sfford will work for you. Some say that the freud is a good set, but I have a set that I bought at Lowes that works just fine. I can't remember the brand, but I only paid $50.

Again welcome and keep the posts coming.

Comment

There are two types of dado sets.

Wobble dado-
      A wobble dado head is a single blade set a an angle to make a dado. The wobble is cheap, but dose leave a arc in the bottom of the dado cut. Some portable table saws can not use a wobble dado head.

Stack Dado-
      A stack dado has two outside blades. To make a wider cut you would put chippers a blade with fewer teeth than an out side blade. A stack dado cost more and leaves a flat bottom cut.

All dado head set come in different sizes some of the most common sizes are 6",7",8". Now you need to ask yourself how deep of a cut do you plan to make?

A 6"dado can cut up to a 1.25" deep cut.
      A 8"dado can cut up to a 2.25" deep cut.
      some websites for you are http://iseek.com/Projects/omnicat5/index.php?cat_id=0

The other one is Cmt.
      You will ned a dado inesrt for the tablesaw. www.ridgidparts.com

[ 01-05-2005, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Andy B. ]
      Andy B.

Comment

Working...
      X