Came up with a pretty simple way to make these. I cut two blanks from 1/4" hardboard. On one of them, I left the tab that holds the front of the insert, the other I trimmed to the rounded shape like the opposite end. Then I glued them together using contact cement, used double-stick tape to attach them to the stock insert, and used a flush-trim router bit for the final shape. Then, used a #12 screw countersink to drill the hole for the hold-down screw. It worked out nice since being able to use the tab in the front (you can make this much wider than the stock insert) plus the screw in the back holds it down well. Happily, I didn't have to do a lick of sanding, it was perfectly flush with the top of the saw the first time I dropped it in. Took about 45 minutes, and cost about 80 cents in materials.
No announcement yet.
Zero Clearance Inserts - TS3650