X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Router Table to build

I built the router table that is featured in Febuary's American Woodworker magazine. It only took me a weekend to build and cost me $275 Canadian for all the materials and hardware, and I have a bunch of MDF left over. It works very well. Having T-track embedded in the table and fence makes attaching accesories a snap. The dust collection is also very effective. Its not quite as fancy as Norm's router station, but I would imagine its far cheaper to build. All the important functionality is there though. Having built in drawers for bit storage is nice, but not necessary. I put some tray's on the inside of the doors with holes drilled for bits and that works fine for me.

That article did look like it would make a nice router table. I'm glad to hear it worked out as well as it looked in the magazine.

Comment

Jeff, thanks for posting this. I've been thinking about building that same table. It looked really slick, and I'm glad it turned out that way for you. I was thinking about using cabinet grade ply for the cabinet, but still using the MDF for the top. Also since, as in all magazine articles there are a few blanks left unfilled, they didn't go into much detail about why the two top pieces needed to be glued together in an offset, I'm left scratching my head a little, about that particular detail. What can you tell me on the ply vs. mdf as well as the offset issue?
      Thanks, Shane

Comment

I built the table featured a year or so ago in Woodsmith. It is fancier but still easy to build and the portable top makes it very versatile and portable. I also use the bottom part to hold my Rigid sanding station. The fence was particularly well done as well as the dust collection.

Comment

Working...
        X